October 24, 2019, 01:12:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: It work with the DAW lmms?(minilab mkII)  (Read 130 times)

Bluenator

• Apprentice
It work with the DAW lmms?(minilab mkII)
« on: September 01, 2019, 03:40:56 pm »
I want to know if I can use all the buttons in the DAW lmms. I saw a video where the add-on don't work as good as the DAW that comes with the keyboard. I prefer use lmms over paid DAW at the moment

MajorFubar

Re: It work with the DAW lmms?(minilab mkII)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 01:09:49 pm »
Probably ask the LMMS developers. What OS are you using it on? I know LMMS was once just a Linux DAW but I understand (from wiki) it's now multi-platform. Maybe a local dealer will allow you to borrow a shop-demo model for you to try.
2011 iMac 27" 2013 MBP 13" V Collection 6 Analog Lab 4 KeyLab 88 KeyLab 49 KeyStep

Bluenator

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 12:24:43 pm »
Thanks for reply. I use Windows. I will try to ask in lmms forum.

MajorFubar

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 01:26:31 pm »
The problem with obscure DAWs is, no matter how good they are, it's impractical to expect hardware manufacturers to fully support them unless the DAW itself adheres to existing well-established protocols, e.g.: Mackie Control Protocol (MCP), or it emulates another fully supported more popular DAW in terms of how a control surface communicates with it. I really don't know if LMMS falls into either of these categories.

Maybe your simplest option would be to buy a MiniLab then return it if it's doesn't work how you expect it to (I assume your country has some kind of consumer rights, allowing you to return a product you couldn't feasibly test before purchase).
2011 iMac 27" 2013 MBP 13" V Collection 6 Analog Lab 4 KeyLab 88 KeyLab 49 KeyStep

Bluenator

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 10:50:36 pm »
The problem with obscure DAWs is, no matter how good they are, it's impractical to expect hardware manufacturers to fully support them unless the DAW itself adheres to existing well-established protocols, e.g.: Mackie Control Protocol (MCP), or it emulates another fully supported more popular DAW in terms of how a control surface communicates with it. I really don't know if LMMS falls into either of these categories.

Maybe your simplest option would be to buy a MiniLab then return it if it's doesn't work how you expect it to (I assume your country has some kind of consumer rights, allowing you to return a product you couldn't feasibly test before purchase).

Good advice, I will buy it in Amazon. Then return it if dont works with Lmms. Thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines