March 29, 2024, 01:34:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Matrixbrute module?  (Read 2002 times)

olniourk

Matrixbrute module?
« on: May 18, 2019, 11:43:12 am »
i wish so bad Arturia would build a Matrixbrute module version (without keyboard)
- i have not a lot of place and so much keyboards in the studio
- it would be more easier to use on the road during gigs
- more compact and light...

is it possible to transmit?

best regards to all the teams

endreola

Re: Matrixbrute module?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 09:38:14 pm »
and some kind of an expansion subsystem, include more analog oscs, filters, envelops, etc.  Maybe more cross over to a digital hybrid, leveraging existing analog but include folding wavetables, better quality effects, additive synthesis with countless harmonics & timbre control.  Perhaps in 19" or eurorack format? 

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 11:11:38 am »
and some kind of an expansion subsystem, include more analog oscs, filters, envelops, etc.  Maybe more cross over to a digital hybrid, leveraging existing analog but include folding wavetables, better quality effects, additive synthesis with countless harmonics & timbre control.  Perhaps in 19" or eurorack format?

Although I would be very happy with this, I really don't think this is ever going to happen, especially because the Matrixbrute lacks many CV/Gate connections that would be essential to communicate with an expansion subsystem. For example, there is no output for single oscillators, which would be necessary in order to use external filters (without having to filter the main outputs, which - at least to me - doesn't make much sense); there are no separate  gate inputs for the three envelope generators, that would allow you to extensively  modulate and external vca, for example. People tend to regard Matrixbrute as a sort of self contained - yet expandable - modular system, and - in my opinion - this is just wrong, and leads many users to get frustrated after a while. I'm not saying this is your case. When I first got my Matrixbrute I had similar expectations, but after some months I realized that I couldn't play many of those esoteric generative patches that you often see, for instance, on youtube videos (not that I had any need of playing similar patches, but you know how GAS works). I then decided to start building a small eurorack system, which eventually resulted in a huge money expense, without obtaining what I was looking for. Sold it, and tried to reapproach my Matrix with a different point of view. Well, I discovered that I am way happied whenever I regard it as what it is and not as what it could have been/what it could become. It is a great sounding synth, it can be expanded in very basic ways (adding LFOs, adding an external oscillator), it is by no means a modular system 8) [Sorry for the useless post, I was just killing some time]

endreola

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 08:11:08 am »
Yea, I get what you're saying and I agree that there is no real backplane or bus to entirely support an external expansion chassis directly.  The integration point that I had in mind was more primative, plain old MIDI.

As for me, I'm interested in expanding its sound capability and like the flexibility that semi-modular offers, intertwining and overlayering MB sound with eurorack modules, VCV Rack, native synth engines and other sound generators controlled by sequencers, keyboards and knob noodling.  Sure there's a bunch of eurorack modules on the market which offer the capabilities that I'm interested in, like 0-coast, lifeforms sv1, Neutron, Mother-32 and the list goes on, plus the various Arturia mini & micro line up.  The Rev 2 has potential but it doesn't fall Into the semi-modular category but it's a step closer to a performer device vs a plain old Integra-7.

Guess as subtle as it was, was saying to Arturia that they have some customers who want to expand their MB kit and is willing to share their basic requirements and money.  Will I see a product anytime soon?  I doubt it, and before I buy more product I do want the MB to be in a fully functional state.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines