April 19, 2024, 04:11:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Looking for a used, original Keylab 61  (Read 1462 times)

animism

• Apprentice
    • Animism - Music
Looking for a used, original Keylab 61
« on: May 16, 2019, 12:57:11 pm »
Greetings all!

I am embarking on a new music project after many years focusing on other things in life, particularly computer biz, travel and writing. Now I've slowed down a bit in life for the first time in years, and I'm building up my audio arsenal.

After all research, I've decided on the Keylab series as my master midi controller, and seek a used version the original 61 key version.

Anybody have a used Keylab 61 in good shape? For environmental impact, Europe would be ideal, specifically Poland or central Europe. But happy for offers anywhere.

I've researched for days, placed orders on some sites that had "website errors" mistakenly listing as available. I reckon Arturia community members would love their instruments a little bit more than randoms.

Have a nice day :)

cb
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:33:08 pm by animism »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Looking for a used, original Keylab 61
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 01:20:06 pm »
Welcome.

Your mileage may vary, but in my humble opinion there were quality control issues with the mk1 KeyLab controllers. The controller itself is built like a tank overall but the keybed itself was poorly made. You don't have to Google far to find reports about machines with broken and faulty keys right out the box, or with faults suddenly occurring soon after purchase. Time may well have filtered out these duffers, but just be careful.

If you don't need aftertouch, consider a new KeyLab Essentials, I believe the keybed in these new generation of controllers is superior to the mk1 KeyLabs.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

animism

• Apprentice
    • Animism - Music
Re: Looking for a used, original Keylab 61
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 01:32:39 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I definitely saw lots of the breaking keys feedback.

My intent for second hand Keylab 61 is that I will be able to use it as a shell and evolve my own machine, replacing the keybed if necessary. I'd rather buy used gear if possible and contribute to a more conscious and renewal social mindset. I nearly bought an Essential the other day - the keybed was surprisingly nice - but something held me back.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines