April 19, 2024, 06:25:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem sending presets to MicroFreak (f/w 4.0.3, MIDI Control Center 1.14.1.2)  (Read 839 times)

psrb125712

Am I the only one seeing this problem?

Since updating MicroFreak firmware to 4.0.3, I’m having issues loading a large number of presets (over 30) using the MIDI Control Center.

This worked fine back in September and stopped working recently after I updated the firmware and the MIDI Control Center.

I’m using MIDI Control Center 1.14.1.2 (Build 2 Revision: bd95193b) Build date: Oct 24, 2022 on macOS X 10.14.6

Symptoms:

- random presets fail to send to MicroFreak when sending a large number (over 30) using MIDI Control Center to “Sent to MicroFreak”, whether sending an entire project or sending a selection of presets from a project

- fails for both factory preset projects as well as a third-party preset project that I have imported

- around 20 presets will get sent, then I will start to see red message text on the bottom/left corner of the MIDI Control Center with the error message - “Failed to get metadata for preset Yxx” [where “Yxx” is the number of the preset, such as A19, A28, etc]. This will be updated for somewhere between 4 to 7 presets, then more presets will be sent successfully; this results in corresponding gaps in the list of presets on the MicroFreak after the full set of selected presets have been processed 

- intermittently, I get a different failure message - instead of the metadata failure text on the main MIDI Control Center screen, I get a pop-up message box “Import Failed: failed to send  Preset Yxx” and have to press OK to continue

- if I set all presets on the MicroFreak to Init, it’s clear that the failures result in gaps in the presets sent to the device - for example, if I see the failure message for presets A40, A41, A42, A43, then the MicroFreak presets A40-A43 all remain set to Init, while presets A39 and A44 are correctly updated to the corresponding presets from the project file.

Investigations:

- I’ve tried experimenting with sending the individual patches that failed and the issue does not happen - it only happens when a batch of presets are sent

- I can send smaller sets of patches successfully - even when picking a range that includes the ones that failed when a full project is sent

- per request from Arturia in a similar, older Forum post, I’ve confirmed that the MicroFreak sequencer is not running, and I checked to ensure no other clock sources are active (I’m using MIDI Monitor to log all the MIDI activity on my computer, include the messages to and from the MicroFreak and MIDI Control Center

- I created an “empty” project with all 384 presets set to Init and sending this does not result in the failure

- the failure is not consistent - for example, using one project, the New Presets 4.0 from the file [MicroFreak Fac 4.0 - 64 Presets.mfprojz], I will see different preset ranges missing after initializing and sending the project

- it seems like roughly 20 to 25 presets are sent before the failure, then between 4 to 8 presets fail, then another 20 to 25 or so get sent before the next failure

- I’ve tried tweaking the device Clock Source and Sync Clock In / Out Settings - for awhile it appeared leaving the clock source as Auto and updating the Sync clock to 48ppq fixed the issue but now I can recreated it with that setting

Attachments:
I’ve included screen caps from an example session, after initializing the MicroFreak using my empty project; when using Send To MicroFreak for the project, New Presets 4.0, from the file [MicroFreak Fac 4.0 - 64 Presets.mfprojz], there were multiple Metadata and Import Failed errors - I’ve included a screen cap of the first instance of each failure, and 3 screen caps showing the resulting gaps on the MicroFreak. Also I’ve included the log of MIDI messages sent between the MIDI Control Center and the MicroFreak during the Send To session, as captured in MIDI Monitor.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines