March 29, 2024, 03:49:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 49 Knob Jumps  (Read 7939 times)

skar.thenoname

Re: Keylab 49 Knob Jumps
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 03:47:49 am »
Yep, I have the same issue, brand new keylab essential 61, but I think that (at least in my case) it's a mechanical problem. I mean, when I turn/adjust the issued knobs, I can kinda feel a strange tactile thing, I mean, they're more "weak" when adjusting them, compared to the working ones, and also I can feel like there's some sand (idk how to describe this), like they're "clicking", but very softly (sorry for my super-crappy B2 English that's actually dying in convulsions ahahhahaha). And, well, I guess it's not such a dramatic thing (well, when I'm adjusting something like filter cutoff - it is lmao), but come on Arturia, I've paid this thing 240 euros, are you kidding me?

dreadBitz

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 04:12:49 am »
Sorry my dude, but Arturia's Support is nonexistent. We are on our own with our jumpy knobs.

mr-es335

• Apprentice
    • Sentinel Musical Studios
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 01:41:29 am »
Good day,

I am endeavoring to understand your issues. I have just obtained a KeyLab 61 and have not been experiencing the issues you are experiencing. This may be the result of my not fully understanding your issue - so further information may be assistance to me here. I am also somewhat of a neophyte in the use of MIDI keyboard controllers.

My current firmware is 1.1.2 - which I believe to be the most current available at the time of posting.

I have used Analogue Lab 4, Mini V3, Stage-73V, Kontakt 5.7 and Overloud TH-U using a number of difference instruments and parameters - and all appear to be working as it should.
Dell Krauchi

inn3rs3lf

• Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2019, 05:22:13 pm »
Honestly, this is sad. Such a wonderful product.

I will be returning mine to the shop I purchased it from. Cutoff is a major aspect of electronic music in general, and this basically makes the device useless in this regard. Yes, we can do it withing our DAW's, but the point of purchasing a midi controller such as the Keylab 49, is to use it on board.

inn3rs3lf

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 11:43:25 am »
Hey Leo.

It fixes the small incremental jumps. But in Analogue Lab 4 there is crackling now on the knob turn of the cutoff.

Also, there is an initial jump of the settings on each knob. I am not sure if this is related to the knob jumping to the initial setting of the plugin?

leo.arturia

• Super Berliner
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2019, 02:44:13 pm »
Hi inn3rs3lf

Thank you for your feedback,

Have you made sure to switch back your fader and encoder's response to pick up rather than jump inside device settings available on the midi control center ?

Regarding the crackling, does it feel like jitter itself or does the display is smooth, with audio glitches?

Could you perhaps open a ticket on our support desk so we can trouble shoot this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

inn3rs3lf

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2019, 09:09:57 am »
Yeah, unfortunately it is at pick up. Tried all options within the midi control software, and the jump still happens. It is only the first initial touch of the knob within a preset, then it's fine. As soon as you change presets, it happens again. But again, I have tried pick up and jump options, along with all other change of values within the midi control software.

The crackle is more a clipping sound. But when using the mouse within AL4, it is fine when values are changed. With the knob (Only on cutoff), it crackles from 12 o clock anti-clockwise.

leo.arturia

• Super Berliner
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2019, 09:56:02 am »
Sorry about that,

I will inform the dev team and conduct further testing,

I will let you know once we have a fully working version,

In the meantime if you'd like to open a support ticket feel free, we can then discuss it further,

Kind regards,

Koile

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2019, 10:31:27 pm »
Hello everyone,
soooo I am a proud owner of a Keylab Essential 61 for 2 days, and I have a problem with the knobs as well. It's like i trigger certain knobs into going into a infinite right motion. Well maybe not infinite, but i am not sure yet how to reproduce it or how to make it stop.
I can't really say for sure why this happens and it's also awfully random which knobs are affected.Since from time to time, all the knobs are working fine, maybe it's a software issue.

I am going to add a link to a gif I made, to showcase the issue. You can see in the upper left how the midi input in flickering all the time, without me touching anything.When I try to set the input for the Volume Value, you can see how 2 of the knobs are working fine, and the others putting the volume to maximum immediately.

I also tried to unplug it and restart it, closed the DAW, tried starting with different Maps selected, but nothing seemed to effect this problem and even waiting 30 minutes doesn't seem to change anything

I am going to give this a few more days, trying to figure stuff out and maybe find a workaround to this. If i can't,I unfortunately have to send it back and stay away from Arturia Hardware. I really love your V Collection and it was one of the reasons why I decided to buy the Keylab, but this is just unacceptable.

https://gifyu.com/image/hSJ4

Update: I had a chat with Leo from Support, and it's definitely a software problem. Not only that, but it seems to only happen inside Cubase. Not 100% sure yet, but it atleast doesn't happen, when I for example run Kontakt as standalone.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 03:40:11 pm by Koile »

pc131

• Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2021, 03:31:40 pm »
Jumping values of encoder are 99% mechanical thing. Cleaning it with Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) worked for me ---->  https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=108398.0

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines