March 28, 2024, 02:07:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 49 Knob Jumps  (Read 7929 times)

tigerskin_84

• Apprentice
Keylab 49 Knob Jumps
« on: May 15, 2019, 02:32:01 pm »
HI, i know there are several posts with almost the same issue here in the forum but i wanted to know if theres is any news about this issue, is Arturia working on a fix for this? my Keylab essentials has barely 15-20 hours of use at best and i have this issue with only one knob, the 1st (cutoff) i upgraded to the last firmware and the jumps are still there i also have the midi center up to date and with factory settings. is a firmware update coming in the near future to address this issue???? it seems there are lots of users with these kind of problem... :(
i've  tried chaging the aceleration parameters without results, another important thing i noticed is that the knob works bad at first but then when i am testing it for 5 or 10 minutes it starts to be more precise wich confuses me because it makes me think that the changes i made worked but they didnt if i unplug and plug the controller again the problem is there.
I only use Analog lab and Pigments and both are updated.
I hope someone can help, thanks in advance.

dreadBitz

• Apprentice
Re: Keylab 49 Knob Jumps
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 07:06:08 am »
Nope. Not a word from Arturia about this issue. That's really telling about the "support" they offer. I don't think I'll pick another of their products ever again.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 01:07:11 pm »
It's all about Microfreak at the moment. Brand new products receive the lion's share of the developers' attention prior to launch and during the immediate months afterwards. You've probably seen evidence of that with the large quantity of new forum posts about Microfreak and the quick responses from Arturia's developers to all the queries and bug reports being raised.

The same happened with Pigments last December.

Requests for firmware updates to 'Older' products (6 months or more since launch) seem to have to squabble it out with each other, and he who shouts loudest gets heard. To manage your expectations, Matrixbrute owners have been waiting two years for what they consider to be basic bug fixes.

The best option to provoke an immediate reply from Arturia staff is raise a support ticket through your Arturia profile (main website). They are obliged to respond to those.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

tigerskin_84

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 01:59:16 pm »
oh.. good to know thanks! im going to try that way

Hyperbog

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 04:15:01 pm »
I also have this issue with my Keylab Essential 61, and I've tried everything. I just stumbled upon a response from another user that stated he allegedly fixed the issue by opening up the controller, and cleaning off the excess grease and dirt from all the knobs that was apparently applied in excess at the factory. If that's the case it's basically a hardware issue in that it requires the hardware itself to be addressed rather than the software. I may try it later. If I do, and if it works, I'll repost my results here.

tigerskin_84

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 10:22:39 pm »
I think i ve seen that too the thing is if you dont know a little about electronics you could make things worse, another user also said you had to tighten the bolts under the knobs...  how about doing some quality control before rolling out productcs out of the factory???

rossisdead

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 03:19:54 am »
I'm having the same problem. The left-most knob jumps around all over the place. It only started happening after the Analog Lab 4 updates came out.

tigerskin_84

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 05:57:42 pm »
I'm having the same problem. The left-most knob jumps around all over the place. It only started happening after the Analog Lab 4 updates came out.

Try it on another software, i tested the knob on pigments and its the same problem... and i have analog lab 3 without the latest update and still jumps values...

tigerskin_84

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 01:01:33 am »

Try it on another software, i tested the knob on pigments and its the same problem... and i have analog lab 3 without the latest update and still jumps values...
Today i tried without any software open, i set the keyboard on user 1 and move the knob and watched the screen of the keyboard... it was the same, the values jumped for example from 10 to 50 and so on, so at least on my side is not a software issue perhaps is firmware or mechanical... go figure.

SynthPappa

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 12:50:51 pm »
Hello Arturia,
Some feedback on this issue would really be appreciated. I too have this problem that I have mentioned in another thread.
I have not received any feedback either.

dreadBitz

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 01:31:45 am »
Hello Arturia,
Some feedback on this issue would really be appreciated. I too have this problem that I have mentioned in another thread.
I have not received any feedback either.

And you shall not receive any feedback, friend. Because that's how Arturia rolls. They have your money now, they played you like a fiddle whose knobs values jump all over the place.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2019, 01:12:50 pm »
Quote from: tigerskin_84
oh.. good to know thanks! im going to try that wayace. It only started happening after the Analog Lab 4 updates came out.

Did you ever raise a support ticket through Arturia? Would be good to know what they told you.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

gphantom

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 02:01:52 am »
As far as "Grease" goes, if there were some on the actual potentiometers, they should be conductive though I doubt any grease is necessary on a pot.
I also know that you can set the knob acceleration to "None" "Medium" "Fast" or "1:1" - You can try different settings to see if it works or not.  Mine is set to "Fast" though you might try "Medium."

Another problem could be the computer itself.  If your system is too slow, it could miss some of the midi data and jump around.  A multiprocessor or multicore chip is ideal (Mine is a 4 core 3.4 Ghz AMD Phenom II X4 965 processor and an Asus M5A97 motherboard, 4 gig ram (dual 2 gig as dual channel architecture)
If the system is too slow, it can be a problem.  Another factor might be the USB port and also interrupt handling (more detailed technical problem) which might have to do with other software running in the background causing interference with the MIDI signals.
Try a different computer, especially one with minimal software installed.

tigerskin_84

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 10:36:48 pm »
As far as "Grease" goes, if there were some on the actual potentiometers, they should be conductive though I doubt any grease is necessary on a pot.
I also know that you can set the knob acceleration to "None" "Medium" "Fast" or "1:1" - You can try different settings to see if it works or not.  Mine is set to "Fast" though you might try "Medium."

Another problem could be the computer itself.  If your system is too slow, it could miss some of the midi data and jump around.  A multiprocessor or multicore chip is ideal (Mine is a 4 core 3.4 Ghz AMD Phenom II X4 965 processor and an Asus M5A97 motherboard, 4 gig ram (dual 2 gig as dual channel architecture)
If the system is too slow, it can be a problem.  Another factor might be the USB port and also interrupt handling (more detailed technical problem) which might have to do with other software running in the background causing interference with the MIDI signals.
Try a different computer, especially one with minimal software installed.

I ve tried in two differents pcs an i5 760 2.8 mhz and a 3770k 3.5 with 16 gb of ram the problem still there in both  :(

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 01:00:05 pm »
It won't be a computer problem. Midi is early 1980's technology. I know PCs can be slow at this stuff because you've got hardware interacting with drivers interacting with Windows etc, but honestly there hasn't been a computer made this century that can't react fast enough. Thirty years ago a 256K Atari ST could shuttle midi data between controller keyboards and banks of synths / sound modules / drum machines in real time; this is not rocket science.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines