April 24, 2024, 06:36:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MB2S and Ableton10  (Read 1681 times)

Laszlo Papp

MB2S and Ableton10
« on: April 17, 2018, 08:15:22 pm »
 :D Hi, can I use ableton automatisation w. 2S? ... or just as audio track?

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
Re: MB2S and Ableton10
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 09:43:59 am »
Hi !

The Minibrute 2 had no digital control so technically it is not possible to directly automate a parameter on the synth.

That said,

You can still control the Mod Wheel/Velocity/Aftertouch values from Ableton. So anything you patch to these outputs will be controlled via MIDI from the values you send from your DAW

Simple example :
-Use a patch cable to connect the Velocity output in the patchbay to the Filter Cutoff input
-Write some MIDI notes in Ableton, that you send to the MiniBrute 2
-Velocity now controls the Filter Cutoff !

You can do the same for the "Press" output which can be either Mod wheel or Aftertouch. After that, simply write a "channel pressure" automation in your MIDI clip in live and you can automate anything you can patch in the patchbay :)
(See the screenshot I enclosed)

Hope this helps !

Victor
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 09:53:42 am by Vic-tor »

mr_karlos

• Apprentice
Re: MB2S and Ableton10
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 08:34:48 pm »
IMHO there are two ways of doing this...

If you have a Eurorack extension you have two possible options...

1. Use a Midi to CV deice. I made a Mutable Instruments CVPal device. It takes about 30 mins to build if you are reasonable with a soldering iron. It has 4 CV output which can be modulated by Live to send pitch, CV or gates via the patch panel.

2. Use a CV sound card like Expert Sleepers ES-9 or ES-8. These types of devices can be controlled using CVTool on Ableton. The MB can receive gate, cv and pitch via the patch panel.

If you don't have a Eurorack extension you can still use a Dc coupled audio interface with CVTools. There is a list of devices here...

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/which-audio-interfaces-are-dc-coupled/

Another way, if you like to hack at your own cables is to use Expert Sleepers Silent Way plugin. There is a thread on MUFF WIGGLER that explains how to make cables to use.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43500

I use both CVPal and an Expert Sleeps ES-9 to control my Eurorack and the MB2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines