March 29, 2024, 04:11:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Saving preset selections in Pro Tools?  (Read 2519 times)

CatSynth

Saving preset selections in Pro Tools?
« on: May 12, 2019, 12:46:08 am »
Hi all-

I got the Mellotron V yesterday and so far quite enjoying it!  However, I can't seem to save preset changes (e.g., changing "Strawberry Flutes" to "Brassssss" and back, etc.) in my Instrument track of Pro Tools, either as a program change or automation.  When I play back a track, it's always entirely on the most recently selected patch.  Any advice for getting the changes to save and play back?

Thanks
-Amanda

LBH

Re: Saving preset selections in Pro Tools?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 02:17:42 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I'm not sure how using Program Change works in the latest applications as it has changed.

Beside you have to use a Programlist, then i think you now need to send both a Bank and a ProgramChange value. If so, then a problem with this when using it in a DAW is that it might not be possible to send more than one of thise values at a time. I don't know if this function is working correct as it is. Some Keyboards - and i assume some DAWs can send the required messages, but not all.
I don't know, if you can do a preset change in Pro Tools using Bank and ProgramChange. If not then you have to use multiple instances of the instrument. But is'nt that best or required anyway for one reason or another?

I can't even use my Keyboard controller for Programchange anymore, because i have to send a Bank select too on MIDI CC 0 i think, and i can't program both values to be send using a single control.

But i'm not sure about this.

CatSynth

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 06:28:01 pm »
Yes, I found the Playlist functionality, and I think can send the Bank Select remotely.  But I was hoping for a way to save my manual changes as I select patches from the user interface.  If not, I'll just make wor with the Bank Select + Program Change approach...

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 07:30:16 pm »
Your DAW should save manual changes. If it does'nt, then have you checked if your DAW have a automatic saving going on? If so, then it will save the latest setting.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines