April 19, 2024, 09:54:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab loses sight of the Keylab Essential when Windows goes to sleep  (Read 2568 times)

Pierre Meleuc

• Apprentice
It's all in the title. Any suggestion ?
Thanks in advance and best regards,
Pierre

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Quit Analog Lab before you put your computer to sleep?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

Perhaps change Windows powerplan settings, so the PC does'nt go to sleep, or set a longer time before it goes to sleep, if that is your issue.

Pierre Meleuc

• Apprentice

Indeed, closing Analog Lab and re-opening it again works, but I would have expected the system to be a little smarter. Maybe the blame is on Windows, though.

LilHossBigJake

• Apprentice
Most likely a windows problem.

Mine gets lost if it idles for a while (a couple of hours), but so did my launchkey 61 and a couple of other hardware pieces.

I do not remember where I read it, but WIndows sometimes will shut down USB ports. LBH is correct to have you change sleep settings, but that may not fix it. I never use sleep but I still see this happen.

My workaround is to play a couple of notes and if they don't work unplug and plug the usb back in at the keyboard. Silly but it works  ;)

Barry

LBH

I do not remember where I read it, but WIndows sometimes will shut down USB ports.
It can be a good idea to use a guide to optimize. In example this https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209571729-Windows-Tuning-Tips-for-Audio-Processing - If you do what you find in section 4.5. Energy Options in that article, then many things related to performance and USB issues can be avoided.

There are many guides out there. The main thing is to set the PC to High performance mode, and to keep the USB ports open.

If the issue in this thread is about a USB port, then this perhaps also fix it.

This will keep the PC from going to sleep automaticly. And it will prevent USB ports from being shut down to save power.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 08:04:32 pm by LBH »

gphantom

Windows doesn't always like going to sleep.  This has to do with the motherboard and interface cards that are sometimes in conflict.  Problems usually occur in Sleep mode and upon waking up.  It happens often to Audio cards and Video cards where it seems to freeze up.
I know the USB port gave me a problem with my mouse at one point.  The secret is to go to the DEVICE MANAGER settings then one by one, double click on the "USB Root Hub"
Go to the POWER tab and check if there is something using power (a device plugged in)  If it says that the "Power Required" results in 0 mA, then there is nothing connected to that hub.  Go to the next USB Root Hub and keep checking the power tab.  For my Keystep device, it says that I have a "USB Composite Device" using 100 mA.  The same goes for my Keylab Essential 49 (100mA).  To double check, unplug your device and do a refresh.  If it disappears from the list, that's the hub it's connected to.
Plug it back in then click on the "Power Management" tab and see if the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked.  If it is, try to uncheck it then try again to see if the problem re-occurs.  If it solved the problem... Good.
For the mouse, I needed to check it in order to stop my mouse from wakening my computer whenever it was moved.

Good luck.

LilHossBigJake

• Apprentice
Windows doesn't always like going to sleep.  This has to do with the motherboard and interface cards that are sometimes in conflict.  Problems usually occur in Sleep mode and upon waking up.  It happens often to Audio cards and Video cards where it seems to freeze up.
I know the USB port gave me a problem with my mouse at one point.  The secret is to go to the DEVICE MANAGER settings then one by one, double click on the "USB Root Hub"
Go to the POWER tab and check if there is something using power (a device plugged in)  If it says that the "Power Required" results in 0 mA, then there is nothing connected to that hub.  Go to the next USB Root Hub and keep checking the power tab.  For my Keystep device, it says that I have a "USB Composite Device" using 100 mA.  The same goes for my Keylab Essential 49 (100mA).  To double check, unplug your device and do a refresh.  If it disappears from the list, that's the hub it's connected to.
Plug it back in then click on the "Power Management" tab and see if the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked.  If it is, try to uncheck it then try again to see if the problem re-occurs.  If it solved the problem... Good.
For the mouse, I needed to check it in order to stop my mouse from wakening my computer whenever it was moved.

Good luck.

Thanks for the troubleshooting help. I worked on the power when I got the computer, but it does make sense that I should check the device manager.

Barry

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator

Indeed, closing Analog Lab and re-opening it again works, but I would have expected the system to be a little smarter. Maybe the blame is on Windows, though.
Probably you're right. The many weird and wonderful problems with Windows are the reason I ditched using a PC for all my creativity work in 2011. I don't regret it. One way or another I spent 70% of my time trying to get things working properly and maybe 30% recording and playing. Macs are not completely trouble free themselves, don't believe the fanboys' hype, but overall it has been a very happy and productive one way trip for me.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines