March 28, 2024, 11:56:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Possible to change mapping of LFO's "seq" sync?  (Read 2601 times)

zedius

Possible to change mapping of LFO's "seq" sync?
« on: April 30, 2019, 07:47:36 pm »
Is it possible, or could it be made possible to change the sequencer track the LFO is sync'd up to? I was running a bass line on the first 2 tracks for 16 steps and I had this funky high frequency thing going on osc 2 on track 3 using the patch bay mod output. I had track 3's last step set to 9 in order to have the effect offset over time against the bass line. It sounded great with a sawtooth LFO wave controlling the RM except the timing of the LFO reset would occur every 16 steps and I wanted it to follow track 3 with 9 steps instead.

Of course one could adjust the timing of the LFO to quarter notes or half notes or whatever for  a sequence length divisible by 2, but for odd sequence lengths this doesn't work.

Am I missing something that's already there or could this be added as a selectable control in the software?

shmuelyosef

• Apprentice
Re: Possible to change mapping of LFO's "seq" sync?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 01:13:35 am »
you should be OK as long as you set the sequence frequency to the minimum note rate (i.e. the rate that steps index) or higher. If it is lower by half, for example, you will reverse the effect on each pass through the sequence. Triplets at a lower rate will perhaps be interesting, but messy, and so on...

The only thing you might do is try to figure out a way to trigger the LFO to "restart" simultaneously with the sequence start...might be a patchable way if you think about it.

You could also use the AD envelope which has an easy path for patching a trigger

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines