March 28, 2024, 10:06:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issue with saving presets?  (Read 4097 times)

AdDeRoo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Issue with saving presets?
« on: April 30, 2019, 12:26:15 pm »
I get some issues with saving presets in B3 V2, e.g.

1. When I open "Green Onionz" and save it as a new preset "Green Onions" it does so without error message, is visible in the main window, but it is not in the list of presets; In windows10 the preset is saved correctly in the appropriate directory. Could it be that this is due to the fact that in B3 V1 I had already a "Green Onions" preset?. e.g. when I save the "Choral Organ" preset to "Choral Organ 1" I do not have this issue; are the B3 V1 presets causing a conflict here.

2. I sometimes get an "overwriting (case sensitive)" error, which to me seems related to the above issue as well, if I try to use a name of a B3 V1 preset that I had.

Could this be checked?. Seems to me a bug, as I work with Arturia presets already several years, and I guess I know what I do..

Thanks

LBH

Re: Issue with saving presets?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 05:09:01 pm »
I have just tried to load The Green Onionz preset and used SAVE AS to save it in User bank with the same name. That worked without issues.

Usually i don't use the same name. If you try to save a edited user preset using SAVE (Using the same names), then you are been asked if you wan't to overwrite the old. It's normal to change the name, if you wan't both presets.

You can't overwrite Factory presets. That's normal.

The saved preset appear in the preset browser as exspected. Are you sure, this is'nt the case for you?

I'm on Windows 10.

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 03:41:46 am »
Yes, the "Past to the Future" bank has a legacy "Green Onions" patch. I tried saving the new "Green Onionz" patch as "Green Onions_Future," another legacy B-3 named patch, and am now unable to delete it in Analog Lab 4. There's some sort of issue there, so I'll report the bug.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 02:36:41 pm »
That was strange. Yesterday i could delete a user preset in B3V2. I had'nt opened it in Analog Lab. After CC4s post i then tried to create a Green Onions preset in B3V2, and then i opened it in Analog Lab 4 and could not delete it. Also i could also not delete it in B3V2.

Then i tried to create a Green Onions 2 preset. I then deleted it with success in B3V2.
Then i again created a Green Onions 2 preset and opened it in Analog Lab 4, and tried to delete it in Analog Lab 4. I could'nt. And now again i suddenly could'nt delete it in B3V2 either.

Then i tried to create a Green Onions 3 preset and opened Analog Lab 4. I did'nt even even select the preset in Analog Lab 4, but opened B3V2 and now i could'nt delete it.

So it look like something unexspected unwanted behavior happens, when you open Analog Lab 4. A bug.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 11:29:11 am »
Hi everyone,
thanks for notifying these issues.
On my side, at time of writing, i experienced this :

Open B3V2

on "jazz organ" preset, do save as and rename it as "Almond 5" (Almond 5 is the first factory preset from b3v1)

saving is ok.

Close B3v2, Open AL4 ,activate show legacy sounds.

You see 2 "Almond 5" presets. No issue when loading, playing etc....

Delete the new "Almond 5" preset , i get no error message, but preset is not deleted.

close Al4, open b3v2, load "Almond 5" preset

try to delete it -> same issue, i get no error message, but preset is not deleted.

Anyway, it is now logged and we're already under investigation.
i'll keep you aware.
sorry for the inconvenience,
cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines