March 28, 2024, 12:02:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Disappointed in the v7 Upgrade Price  (Read 6242 times)

mrjackster

Re: Disappointed in the v7 Upgrade Price
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 01:58:35 pm »
The problem is that brand new users get the ENTIRE V7 set for £329 in the UK...

I really don't see a problem with the upgrade price.

There are three new instruments, which Arturia is offering for $99 each -- so $297 for all three.  The upgrade to the new collection is $199.

If you want all three instruments, $199 is certainly a better price than $297.  If you only want two of them, you can pay $198 -- or you can spend an extra $1 to get the entire collection (effectively getting the third instrument for $1).

The only reason to skip the upgrade is if you only want one of the new instruments (pay $99 instead of $199), or if you don't want any of them at all (pay $0).

I guess I am in a fortunate position that my wife lets me spend money on this stuff, so I will definitely be getting V7.

parodise

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2019, 01:56:33 am »
I completely agree. Arturia treats the long time Customers like Sh... On each Upgrade we pay horrible Prices for just 3 new Instruments, though some of us paid more than 1000 $$ over the Years. Compared to the Price for a 'Starter' an Update for long time Customers (more than 4 Updates) should not cost more than 100 $ (or 50 $ as Special Offer in the first Weeks), a Quarter of the requested Price, or maybe half if Special Plug-Ins (like Pigment or all the Effect Collections were for free). But OK, maybe we're just Milking Cows to Arturia because too many of us just pay and pay and pay ...

So why am I nearly sure that there won't be any Change with the next Update? :-(

Sorry, Arturia, but I just had to write this exactly as I see it.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2019, 01:21:40 pm »
Do what I did and vote with your wallet by only upgrading every other release. At least when I upgrade from V6 to V8 (whenever it comes), I won't feel quite as raped.

Some people argue the upgrade price is good value compared to the cost of buying the instruments singly, but it's no good arguing that tactic with me when new customers can purchase the complete package of 23 instruments + Analog Lab for $500 (and frequently for less when the package is on special offer). That's $20 each.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

dickiedrummer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2020, 08:36:11 pm »
Arturia upgrade pricing seems crazy to me. I just bought a V6 license for 129 pounds. I already had the Mini V3 and I particularly wanted the Prophet 5 (as I used to own the hardware version), but it would have cost me as much as V6 just to buy the single instrument. In my Arturia account, the price for an upgrade to V7 is 299 Euros, which is just plain daft, considering what more is on offer over V6. If it were 99 dollars? Yes of course. I'm quite used to upgrade pricing being strange as I use a lot of Izotope and Waves products, but Arturia wins the prize outright for put-you-right-off pricing to existing customers. The products though are great!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines