April 24, 2024, 12:41:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V7 Released?  (Read 3986 times)

Krismiller1982

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: V7 Released?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 09:40:02 pm »
I don’t understand why upgrade prices with Arturia are so high. Not even an intro price offer. If upgrading from 6-7 was $99, more would jump on board.

Funtmaster

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 09:49:43 pm »
???  Synthi V , Cpu in the red  with an iMac i5 , 2,3 mhz , 24Go Ram .... ????

The problem could be your 2.3MHz CPU. Try upgrading to a 2.3GHz and see if its better ;)

skawiwen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2019, 08:18:52 am »
The problem could be your 2.3MHz CPU. Try upgrading to a 2.3GHz and see if its better ;)
Ghz of course  ;D

Shadowhenge

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2019, 05:27:48 pm »
I'd have been on-board for it if it were reasonably priced.  Doing some basic maths...

Buying 7 at FULL price... (no promo) would be $500USD.  That comes in at a hair under $21USD  per instrument if I was coming in from nothing and it was not on sale.
If I buy the $200 promo upgrade price I am paying $50USD per instrument... and that's giving them the benefit of counting the upgraded hammond.  Effectively new people who have had nothing to do with Arturia in the past pay more than half as much as existing customers per instrument. 

Kind of a slap to the face, if you ask me.

I'd be willing to pay the price per instrument it would be if I was buying it new off the shelf.  So $63.  Round it up $75 for a little reasonable margin. 

jhbradley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2019, 07:59:39 pm »
Same complaint re. upgrade pricing. I didn't do the V5 to V6 upgrade as that was also $50 per new instrument... until a year and a half later when I bought Pigments and they offered the V6 upgrade for the far more reasonable $69 or so.

I'll be ignoring V7 until there's a sub-$100 upgrade available. I assume there will be, eventually, but I don't get the brutal upgrade pricing or the lack of an "upgrade to our just-released new thing NOW, for half price" limited-time 'loyalty' deal. Like most other companies do.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2019, 09:22:36 pm »
I'd have been on-board for it if it were reasonably priced.  Doing some basic maths...

Buying 7 at FULL price... (no promo) would be $500USD.  That comes in at a hair under $21USD  per instrument if I was coming in from nothing and it was not on sale.
If I buy the $200 promo upgrade price I am paying $50USD per instrument... and that's giving them the benefit of counting the upgraded hammond.  Effectively new people who have had nothing to do with Arturia in the past pay more than half as much as existing customers per instrument. 

I'd be willing to pay the price per instrument it would be if I was buying it new off the shelf.  So $63.  Round it up $75 for a little reasonable margin.
This is my argument as well. The $199 upgrade price is basically a slap in the face for those of us who have been supporting Arturia for years, in my case by buying and upgrading everything from V Collection 4 some years ago. It doesn't even make mathematical sense: coming in from nothing you get a far better deal than the 'loyalty' price upgraders are offered.

On the other hand, perhaps we should consider ourselves still blessed that Arturia have not yet followed the trend of app leasing like Adobe Creative Cloud, Office 365, Roland Cloud and others, where you lease their apps permanently and never own anything. Round Cloud for example is $200 a year, and the synths are never yours. Stop paying and they take them away.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Shadowhenge

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2019, 03:12:32 am »

This is my argument as well. The $199 upgrade price is basically a slap in the face for those of us who have been supporting Arturia for years, in my case by buying and upgrading everything from V Collection 4 some years ago. It doesn't even make mathematical sense: coming in from nothing you get a far better deal than the 'loyalty' price upgraders are offered.

On the other hand, perhaps we should consider ourselves still blessed that Arturia have not yet followed the trend of app leasing like Adobe Creative Cloud, Office 365, Roland Cloud and others, where you lease their apps permanently and never own anything. Round Cloud for example is $200 a year, and the synths are never yours. Stop paying and they take them away.

If they did that they'd lose a customer permanently.  There's a reason I got V collection over Roland Cloud.  Now I'm kinda regretting it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines