April 18, 2024, 11:50:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP & Roland System 1 Strange Behavior!  (Read 1477 times)

retrophit

• Apprentice
BSP & Roland System 1 Strange Behavior!
« on: April 17, 2019, 03:00:22 am »
When I hit the record button (Seq1) it changes the patch selection on the System 1!  If I hit the record button again it does back.  WTF?

The same thing happens on my Keystep as well!

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: BSP & Roland System 1 Strange Behavior!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 04:16:07 am »
When I hit the record button (Seq1) it changes the patch selection on the System 1!  If I hit the record button again it does back.  WTF?

The same thing happens on my Keystep as well!

Check what MIDI CC's the System 1 responds to.  BSP is set by default to transmit CC50/51/54 when you press REC/PLAY/STOP respectively.  Use MCC to adjust the global setting for the BSP transport controls.  You can adjust what channel the transmit on or change the CC's it sends.  I have adjusted the CC's to all be 124, which sends a Omni mode off message and suits me fine as I don't run anything in omni mode anyway.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

retrophit

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 04:29:35 am »
Ahh... ok.   Let me try that.  I'm a newbie and wasn't expecting any MIDI messages to go out when I hit record.

retrophit

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 02:51:15 pm »
Yup!  That worked.  Thanks a million...   now to figure out why my Minilogue XD goes psycho with the BSP...

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 02:10:24 pm »
Yup!  That worked.  Thanks a million...   now to figure out why my Minilogue XD goes psycho with the BSP...

Can you explain more about the XD going "psycho" please?  I've been talking with an XD own over on the Korg forum, trying to trouble-shoot why his will start having hung notes and max tempo when it's running from an external MIDI clock source.  We are trying to determine if it's a bug in the XD that rears it's head when running in Auto (MIDI) sync mode.  Cheers!
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

retrophit

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 06:37:09 pm »
Hung notes.  Random notes.  Patch changes (if enabled on XD)

I haven’t specifically noticed clock issues, but I cAn be in the look out. Im sure it’s the XD tho.  My BSP works great with several other synths. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines