March 29, 2024, 01:30:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP and Microbrute  (Read 1721 times)

momodig

• Apprentice
BSP and Microbrute
« on: March 29, 2019, 02:06:17 pm »
I've connect my BSP the following way and according to this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOMiTvdb1jk

Here's my issue... everything works as it should using MIDI, but I'd like to get it to work like the guy in the video.

have gate out from bsp to micro.

I have velocity from bsp to filter on micro.

I have pitch from bsp to pitch on micro

I'm set up on seq 1...

I press the pad buttons on bsp nothing happens, but if I play a note on the micro, hold that note, then press the pads on the bsp I get fading sounds... how do I press the pads on the bsp to play, without touching the keys on the micro...

Thanks

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: BSP and Microbrute
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 04:28:26 am »
Hmm, it's like the Micro is receiving a gate signal just not correctly.  Plug your BSP into MCC to check how its gate is set up.  The Micro is expecting a gate signal of+10v to switch on and 0v for off.  Make sure it's set to behave like that.  If it is set correctly but still behaving as it does now, check if the Seq1 CV outs aren't to blame and try using Seq2, of course ensuring its gate is set to V-trig in MCC first.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

momodig

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 04:31:11 am »
Just to clarify, I'm put the gate out from the bsp to cv gate in on the matrix correct? not the gate in on the back of the Microbrute?  I will investigate your suggestions - thanks for responding :)

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 04:34:57 am »
Run the gate out on the BSP to the gate in on the back of the Microbrute.  The gate socket on the Micro's mod matrix is its keyboard's gate so you can run other instruments with it.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

momodig

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 04:40:42 am »
I'm in the midi control center now, both SEQ are set to v-trig but I see no options to changed voltage... am I missing it somewhere?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 05:03:25 am »
You are going into the gate input on the back of the Microbrute?  Odd.  Have you tried the Seq2 outputs?  Even maybe try the drum gate outs.  They are definitely +10v.

momodig

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 05:05:30 am »
I've tried all SEQ gates and drums, like I said, if I press a key on my Microbrute, and hold it, then go to my bsp and press the pads, the note slowly turns of and on from each pad press, till the note decays.  Could it be my patch cable? I'm using the same cables that came with my brute, but longer.  Changed cables, still the same issue
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 05:08:34 am by momodig »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 05:38:29 am »
Bung.  I'd try running the gate out on the mod matrix into the gate in on the back just to check the gate input. That will use the Micro's own keyboard to trigger it via the gate in.

Oh hang-on, by the sound of it, it won't disable the internal keyboard gate....so the test really work.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 05:40:40 am by megamarkd »

momodig

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 07:17:36 am »
Any other suggestions? :)

momodig

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 07:24:31 pm »
Took a voltage meter to my gates out on the BSP they're sending the right voltage.. this is extremely frustrating... do you think it something I need to up on the midi control center for the microbrute... I'm getting frustrated... that guy from Aturia made it so easy to hook up the bsp with the MB... what gives, I spend good money for a product and can't get it to work :(  There's even a video on youtube, where the BSP pro is running like 4 micro's and it's a dude from Arturia, not sure if I'll ever buy another arturia product again, getting support from there is horrible.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 05:23:52 am »
Took a voltage meter to my gates out on the BSP they're sending the right voltage.. this is extremely frustrating... do you think it something I need to up on the midi control center for the microbrute... I'm getting frustrated... that guy from Aturia made it so easy to hook up the bsp with the MB... what gives, I spend good money for a product and can't get it to work :(  There's even a video on youtube, where the BSP pro is running like 4 micro's and it's a dude from Arturia, not sure if I'll ever buy another arturia product again, getting support from there is horrible.

Yeah I guessed that if none of the gates out of the BSP were triggering the Micro, then it wasn't at that end. Did you buy the Micro new or 2nd hand? I've not had any issue with any of my Arturia gear (BSP, KeyStep and MiniBrute) or support when I have put in a support ticket via the support page on their main website.
I wish I had some other suggestions to help you trouble shoot, but if the BSP and MicroBrute are your only sources for gates, it's a bit hard.

Considering you've isolated the issue to the MicroBrute, perhaps post about the problem on the MicroBrute board? I've done a quick search on that board and found the Micro has some idiosyncrasies to it, so maybe a MicroB owner will have come across the issue before and be able to tell you the answer straight away.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines