March 28, 2024, 08:41:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Triggering keystep to start sequencer from beatstep pro?  (Read 828 times)

Geddon

Triggering keystep to start sequencer from beatstep pro?
« on: April 16, 2019, 09:17:16 pm »
Hello you wonderful people.  I recently picked up a beatstep pro which I’m enjoying a lot so far and I’m considering picking up a keystep.  My question is can the beatstep start the keystep sequencer when I hit play on the beatstep?  If so how can I hook it up to do so?  Do I have to use midi or can I use some of the other outputs on the beatstep or other inputs on the keystep?  I easily get confused with cv, gate, clock, sync, etc.  looks like the keystep just has midi in and sync in, so can I use the sync in to go from the beatstep to the keystep or do I have to use midi to do what I’m trying to do here?

Also I’m assuming I would need to change it to internal clock to create my sequence, then I change it to midi or sync in to get it to start when I hit play on the beatstep.  Is that correct?

Thanks for any help.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Triggering keystep to start sequencer from beatstep pro?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 01:11:12 am »
Yes, the KeyStep responds to MIDI RTM and MMC transport commands.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines