March 28, 2024, 10:45:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Matrixbrute Automation Midi Logic Pro x  (Read 2550 times)

chris martin

• Apprentice
Matrixbrute Automation Midi Logic Pro x
« on: April 04, 2019, 10:56:21 pm »
hi, how is it possible to record the automations of the potentiometer and functions of the front panel of the matrixbrute ? as did with latch or touch in logic x with a virtual synth thanks for the help
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:03:12 pm by chris martin »

standingwave

Re: Matrixbrute Automation Midi Logic Pro x
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 01:59:28 am »
Hey
 I'm a protools guy, but every DAW has an ability to filter what MIDI CC is recorded. Find the setting that allows all CC to be recorded, hit record, record your automation.
 Good luck!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 11:25:11 am »
@standingwave I think he means is it possible for the MB to send those kind of changes to his DAW. He seems to know how to record them, because he's mentioned Latch mode, I think he's querying how to make the MB send them in the first place.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 04:14:19 pm »
If it's what MajorFubar says, enabling the sending and receiving of the knobs on the MxB, then you should run the MIDI Control Center software:
- select the device tab
- make sure that "MIDI param send" and "MIDI param receive" is set to "On"
- set "Enable 14-bit automation" to "On" if you want the highest resolution, or keep it at "Off" if 7 bits is enough

You may also need to check that your DAW is recording MIDI Control Changes, as standingwave says.

chris martin

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 10:59:53 pm »
   hi guys, really thank you for your quick help ;) with the right settings of the midi control center it works. thank you :)

chris martin

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 11:46:27 pm »
just another question, when i try to use an arpeggiator on the matrixbrute the sound stops and does not listen anymore! in the midi control center = the sequencer / arp sends the note is activated .. can you help me?

Thank you
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 11:49:47 pm by chris martin »

standingwave

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 11:45:29 am »
Sounds like a potential MIDI loop-
Try turning local control off, or make sure you're not sending midi from the brute back into the brute
somehow.
 Because it's such a pain to change settings with MCC (have to close DAW etc) I usually just record my midi from the brute to a MIDI track without an output. For MIDI playback, I just assign the output of said MIDI track to the brute and I have playback.

Hope that helps.

chris martin

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 05:35:09 pm »
following standingwave Tip, I change the destination midi in the window (external instrument) = select "midi matrixbrute interface" to record the arpeggiator! and select matrixbrute for reading..  it works :)    thank you very much for you answer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines