March 29, 2024, 09:36:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark/SparkLE (MIDI PROBLEM - CRASH - SYNC ERROR)  (Read 1806 times)

mate_audio

Spark/SparkLE (MIDI PROBLEM - CRASH - SYNC ERROR)
« on: April 11, 2019, 01:42:41 am »
Hello,

I have a SparkLE with Spark 2 software and I installed to my every computer and I used with my DAWs. So, I have 2 problems.

1. When I want to use Spark as a new instrument in a DAW (Pro Tools or Ableton) its work fine. BUT when I saved my session/project (include Spark) and I load back, the Spark plugin will crash and my DAW will freeze. If I have a luck it can be back from crash after 1-2 minutes, but after the crash it not work with SparkLE in every time. If not, I need to plug out and replug the hardware. Sometimes I need repeat it, and I hope it will be work after second or third try... if not, I need to reload the "Default" configuration in MIDI Control Center and restart my DAW and will works fine. So, is that normal or I was wrong missed something? The crash is same in Ableton and Pro Tools with Windows or Mac.

2. My new problem: After reopen one from my sessions/projects the Spark's MIDI note assignments will change, example C1 is my note1 (Kick) and when I reopen it will change to B0 or C1, or something... And everything is changing.... And when I play my music I can't hear the drums, because Sparks every notes changed :( Its a big and sometimes impossible work reassign notes in Spark or change MIDI notes in clips... Why did it? Please help...
I use DAW's MIDI clips and this effect same in Ableton and Pro Tools with Windows or Mac.

MY specs:

SOFTWARE:
Avid Pro Tools 2018.12
Ableton Live 10.0.6

HARDWARE:
SparkLE 1.0.0.3

MacMini 2012 late - OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra
i7 (4 cores) @ 2.3Ghz (turbo 3.3Ghz)
8GB ddr3
1TB HDD

MacBook Pro 2018 Touch Bar - OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra
i5 (4 cores) @ 2.3Ghz (turbo 3.8Ghz)
16GB ddr3
512GB SSD

PC - Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.316)
i5 (6 cores) @ 4.5Ghz
16GB ddr4
250 SSD, 2TB HDD

TheDoctor

• Apprentice
Re: Spark/SparkLE (MIDI PROBLEM - CRASH - SYNC ERROR)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 12:05:30 pm »
Check in a Midi app if you have constantly midi message, I had mine freezing when I used roller or change the velocity by holding step...I found out is the XY pad, once I disconnected there was not constantly midi message and everything works fine but I lost the pad which I can't find a replacement :/

mate_audio

Re: Spark/SparkLE (MIDI PROBLEM - CRASH - SYNC ERROR)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 09:54:23 pm »
2. My new problem: After reopen one from my sessions/projects the Spark's MIDI note assignments will change, example C1 is my note1 (Kick) and when I reopen it will change to B0 or C1, or something... And everything is changing.... And when I play my music I can't hear the drums, because Sparks every notes changed :( Its a big and sometimes impossible work reassign notes in Spark or change MIDI notes in clips... Why did it? Please help...
I use DAW's MIDI clips and this effect same in Ableton and Pro Tools with Windows or Mac.

I found answer to my 2nd question.... I changed the MIDI drum maps from General MIDI to Spark in "prefs", and its works correctly.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines