March 29, 2024, 09:49:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASC update failing from app and website  (Read 4629 times)

magilla66

• Apprentice
ASC update failing from app and website
« on: April 06, 2019, 03:53:07 am »
Hi everyone,

New user of V Collection 6, just got everything installed last night, and today, find out that they released an update just yesterday, too!

Now, my ASC won't actually update when launched, and their website is a total wasteland when you click the download link.

Anyone else having issues with this?

Frustrated is the kindest word I can use here.

Help!

Thanks,

Tony >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

magilla66

• Apprentice
Re: ASC update failing from app and website
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 02:25:33 pm »
Note: the Mac version works fine. however, I’m a Windows user, and it’s this version that won’t work.

LBH

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 05:07:06 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Arturia have just released new compressors. It's possible there have been run on the servers and/ or server or other issues issues.

I use Windows 10 and i have just updated ASC and downloaded software without issues.
It was a little slow to get the licenses syncronized, and it did say the update failed, but just after that it would show up as updated. Perhaps patience also helps.

Issues can also be related to your country and your web connection.

If you still encounter issues, then perhaps it's for a limited time. If the issue is on Arturias side, then i assume it will be fixed monday. I don't know if they will do it in the weekend.

If your issues is something else, then i suggest you contact Arturia support directly through your account.

onlyleura

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 07:27:16 am »
ASC is unable to do any installs on my iMac (macOS 10.14.4), because the OS is repeatedly asking for permission to install some helper app, and every install simply fails. I am quite upset! I need my V Collection NOW!!!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 01:23:52 pm »
ASC is unable to do any installs on my iMac (macOS 10.14.4), because the OS is repeatedly asking for permission to install some helper app, and every install simply fails. I am quite upset! I need my V Collection NOW!!!
Calm down, don't have a heart attack over it. Here's what's worked for me:
1) Install ASC, log in, then quit.
2) download the VSTs one by one from the Arturia downloads page. The downloads will save in your downloads folder.
3) manually install the VSTs one by one from the downloads folder.
4) after you've installed them all, re-open the ASC, sign back in and wait (probably for ages) while it authenticates your instruments.

Installing the 20-odd VSTs manually is a time-consuming ballache I admit, and that's why there's a helper tool which is supposed to do it all in the background. But I'm thinking the most recent helper tool in the ASC update a few days ago hasn't been signed properly, because you're not the first person to complain that it's failing MacOS security protocols. Strange thing is it seems to be affecting only some computers not others.

Good luck.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

CoupeChris

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 09:43:19 pm »

Change the default in the ASC controls to somewhere else other than the 'Downloads' folder - I did mine directly to the Arturia folder in Applications. It does do a more conventional install but at least it works from ASC.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines