April 17, 2024, 12:24:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Part of a keyboard is not working on Essential 61 controller  (Read 3451 times)

Filipp

• Apprentice
Hello! I just got my midi controller and unboxed this out . Haven’t registering, haven’t update firmware yet, just test in standalone mode and in my DAW. While testing I’m find out that part keys is not working, no midi data comes from controller, this keys located in middle of a keyboard. I don’t know this problem hardware or software matters. What I should to do?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Part of a keyboard is not working on Essential 61 controller
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 01:16:50 pm »
I doubt it's software. Take it back / send it back, same as any other faulty product.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

gphantom

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 05:28:30 pm »
I've experienced some weird problems myself.  Some keys we're working.  After a lot of testing, I found the problem.
I was placing my VSTs in a specific folder (C:\AllVSTs) and when updating Analog Labs, I forgot to place the new VST into my folder and so, the VSTs weren't responding correctly.  I also determined later that the 32bit and 64bit VSTs were overwriting each other so I had to create C:\AllVSTs32 and C:\AllVSTs64 which solved even more problems.

It all depends on your particular setup.  How did you installed your DAW.  Does it know where your VSTs are?
To verify the keyboard, install another software like Analog Lab 3 to determine if everything works.
Also, you might have to program your keyboard using the Midi Control Center software (Essential in order to setup your keyboard properly)
For example, does your DAW use "Mackie" or "HUI" communications format?
There should be no firmware updates since the last one was last year.  You really need the MCC (Midi Controll Center) to set up your keyboard to make it talk to your DAW.
Install the Ableton Live as well and all may be revealed.

Filipp

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 10:15:19 pm »
I’m using keys in Pro Tools HD 10 with different instruments (actually it’s RTAS plug-ins).
System is Mac OS 10.9
When I’ve opening midi control panel I’m haven’t see any input midi data from faulty keys.
When I’m trying play with stand alone player (g player for example) keys hasn’t work to. It’s only 5 not working keys at keyboard.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 12:38:21 am »
I’m using keys in Pro Tools HD 10 with different instruments (actually it’s RTAS plug-ins).
System is Mac OS 10.9
When I’ve opening midi control panel I’m haven’t see any input midi data from faulty keys.
When I’m trying play with stand alone player (g player for example) keys hasn’t work to. It’s only 5 not working keys at keyboard.
There is no option in any of the software settings that will turn off just five keys, so it isn't a configuration or software issue, and it won't matter which DAW you are using it with. It is faulty. You haven't mentioned what country you are in but most countries have basic consumer rights, just take it back.

Hope you get it resolved.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Filipp

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 12:40:50 pm »
In from Russia. Yes, it seems to be a hardware faulty. I’ll send back keys to the seller.
Thanks

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 01:08:26 pm »
In from Russia. Yes, it seems to be a hardware faulty. I’ll send back keys to the seller.
Thanks
You're welcome. Definitely the best thing to do.

fabianoheringer

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 04:59:14 am »
Hi, i having saming issue, but quitly different. In My case, my keylab essential 61 , is installed on Windows as a keylab essential 49, some keys (C3, D3, e last octave) didn´t work, and some keys taking different notes, but in some cases Windows detect the correct driver (Key lab essential 61), in this case, everything works fine. I believe that´s is not a hardware problem. Tried in diferents computer, and same behavior...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines