March 29, 2024, 10:52:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New user: All known steps taken, but no sound (worked yesterday)  (Read 3501 times)

Bobsterz

Hi, I have the Keylab Essentials connected to a Windows 10 machine and I have Analog Lab installed, authorized, and running. Yesterday, I was able to use the program. Today, the on-screen keys work, but there is no activation from the keyboard.

I have gone through the manual, inplugged/re-plugged the USB cable, looked at MIDI settings (as a non-expert), and am finding nothing new to try. As far as I know, there is nothing different from yesterday.

MIDI Control Center shows the downward-pointing green arrow in the upper left corner by DEVICE each time I hit a key.

Where should I start? Thanks for any ideas!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:27:32 am by Bobsterz »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: New user: All known steps taken, but no sound (worked yesterday)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 01:16:16 pm »
Check you haven't changed the midi channel of the KeyLab Essential to something other than Channel 1. Questions similar to this crop up at least six times a year (which is fine of course) and it's always because the user has accidentally changed the midi channel of the controller. I've even done it myself once.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

gphantom

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 11:23:00 pm »
Another thing to look into is the OUTPUT device.  In my case, I have a built-in audio device in the mother board (which I use for ear plugs for silent listening, a Creative Labs which has a half-dozen settings (which if that's the case, you would have to try different ones) and even a Blue-tooth device for my wireless headphones.
So many options, so much aggravation.

macjoe

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 08:03:23 am »
hi , i have the same problem as bobsterz , my keylab essential 61 worked perfectly with analog lab 4 , ableton and uvi workstation ,
today however , none of those seems to be connected with it , i tried different midi channels different preset in the midi control center nothing , the midi control center midi console shows that midi input are indeed recognize ,the keys , the sliders pots everything , so how is it than none of the software mention above seems to pick up any input while being on the same midi channel with the inputs clearly working in the midi center ,i did a factory reset , just to make sure i updated all the software through arturia software management app , im lost  :'(

oh last thing my korg monologue is working flawlessly with all the software mention above and vcv rack through usb midi so can't be windows or midi drivers :(

very last thing , after i tested the korg monologue in every app while writing this message , i tried plugin the keylab with analogue lab but not with the midi center open , and it worked ??? , apparently no other app can be open while the arturia midi control center is open , problem solved for me :o :)

gphantom

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 08:48:57 pm »
I have no idea why we can't use the synths (AL4 or Modular V or any other) while MCC is connected.  The MCC should trap midi codes and pass it back to the computer so that everything works whether MCC is connected or not.  Maybe if everyone sends a request to Arturia, they might do that...
It's a pain in the A** to have to try a setting then get out of MCC, start AL4 (or others) then try it and go back over and over again...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines