April 25, 2024, 07:32:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: DEVICE NOT CONNECTING!! :(  (Read 1292 times)

DoctorLilt

• Apprentice
DEVICE NOT CONNECTING!! :(
« on: April 02, 2019, 12:25:46 pm »
Hello! I'm not able to get my computer to recognise the BSP.
I can get power to it, from my USB port, but MCC and Ableton aren't detecting it.

iMac, OSX 10.10.5

Using the Y-Cable I can get power to the device.
I've also been able to power the device from my iMac's USB port, directly into the BSP (without the Y-cable).

I've tried deleting any sign of the device from Audio MIDI Setup, also.

The device works, standalone, but I would really like to send some MIDI to / from it and sync it with Ableton.
:(

Is there a fix for this?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: DEVICE NOT CONNECTING!! :(
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 01:26:42 pm »
Hi

You don't explain whether it has ever worked or whether it's just stopped working, and this might be crucial to determining the fault.

If you're using it just with your computer you should be able to connect it straight to the computer using the microusb-to-USB cable. I'm not sure what you mean by the Y adaptor unless you mean the anti-ground-loop adaptor. (I don't have a BSP, I'm just reading the manual). If you can get power to the device via the microusb-to-USB, but not data, then either the cable or the BSP is faulty, if you're pretty certain your computer's USB socket isn't. As always it's a process of elimination. Try a different cable if you can, but be wary that some cheaper third-party microusb cables are only wired for power not data, and using one of those would give you the same symptoms
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

DoctorLilt

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 02:12:50 pm »
be wary that some cheaper third-party microusb cables are only wired for power not data, and using one of those would give you the same symptoms

Ah! This could be the issue, perhaps!

Also: Yes! I forgot to mention that my BSP was connecting with my computer before and everything was fine... Although I might have had a different cable between the BSP and the computer, back then. I'm not 100% sure.

I've had it just over a year now and hadn't had any problems. I didn't use it much for a few months, and started using it again in the last month or so.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 02:47:58 pm »
be wary that some cheaper third-party microusb cables are only wired for power not data, and using one of those would give you the same symptoms

Ah! This could be the issue, perhaps!

Also: Yes! I forgot to mention that my BSP was connecting with my computer before and everything was fine... Although I might have had a different cable between the BSP and the computer, back then. I'm not 100% sure.

I've had it just over a year now and hadn't had any problems. I didn't use it much for a few months, and started using it again in the last month or so.
Yeah definitely might be worth trying it with a different cable, one that you know for sure has a data line in it. If it doesn't fix the problem, well at least you've eliminated it from your enquiries and you know it's likely to be a hardware issue.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

DoctorLilt

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 02:19:09 am »
So I had to move house and never got round to sorting this out. I read somewhere that the usb connection on the BSP is quite fragile and that this is a common fault.

Before I go down that road, can anyone recommend a proper usb cable (brand or a direct link of where to buy one with a "data line" etc...) that will be good enough to connect my BSP to my iMac, so Ableton will detect it?

I just saw this online, but I don't know if this is just about powering the device, rather than the data part.....
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=263650476565&category=1288&pm=1&ds=0&t=1557289534000&ver=0

Any thoughts? 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines