March 28, 2024, 12:38:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: At last the SECRET to ratchating on the MxB is revealed  (Read 9255 times)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: At last the SECRET to ratchating on the MxB is revealed
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 01:30:18 pm »
Ill language has been used against me numerous times in this thread.
That's because you're behaving like a dick. Stop behaving like a dick and people will have more respect for you. Your posts have no value. You may as well join a cancer support forum telling everyone you've found the cure for all the world's cancers but you aren't prepared to share, we have to all find out for ourselves.
Offer retracted
I'm sure we'll all survive.

If one person thinks you're behaving like a dick, it's quite possibly just a personality clash between you and that person, but when a few people are basically giving you the same message, chances are there's some truth in it.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

standingwave

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 12:08:57 am »
Wow, that escalated quickly. It must be a full moon where you guys are!
 It sounds like this is an argument on the philosophy of quality between to different states of perspective: classical and romantic.  Synthesis is a strange craft where tech and artistry meet, technologists dont always get on with artists and Visa versa.

I think one thing we call all agree on though. This fucking update should include some God damn ratcheting. Fingers crossed.
 Peace.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 12:45:27 am »
Wow, that escalated quickly. It must be a full moon where you guys are!
Actually I think a people held their temper for an admirable amount of time. I don't mind being disliked so I'm very happy to be the person who finally told him it 'like it is'. We are a small community of like minded enthusiasts trying to help each other, we can do without people joining here claiming they know the solution for an issue but won't share it. I call these kind of people 'willy wavers': they think they're impressing us and we are in awe, but really they just come across as a complete asshole.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

standingwave

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 04:27:35 am »
Fair enough.
 Not intending to take away from anything anyone else has to say.
 As I said peace.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 01:16:11 pm »
Fair enough.
 Not intending to take away from anything anyone else has to say.
 As I said peace.
8)

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2019, 06:34:03 pm »

1) I visited this forum a few weeks ago to discover there were suggestions of lying made against me

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary EVIDENCE.

Until you can prove your solution by explaining the process all I can do is stick to these three assumptions.

A. Lying
B. Modifying the firmware or hardware
C. Have a technique unknown to all the other MxB users

You will say "C" obviously. But we have no evidence so we are still left with the three assumptions.

So this is NOT a suggestion that you are lying but rather that as you will not or cannot provide evidence we are left with those three assumptions.

There is a very easy way you can clear this up right?

That said, KrisL nobody should be hurling insults at you like they have in this thread.
My advice to you is to share your solution. Before somebody else does! After all ratcheting is not a new concept in the world of modular so really not sure why you would be so secretive.

A teaser then solution would have been fun. I am in lockdown music production at the moment and have been for months. When I get some time I will try recreate what I have done many times with my modular stuff on the MxB.

When I find a solution I will instinctively share it. So that people don't think I am a dick.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2019, 08:59:08 pm »
That said, KrisL nobody should be hurling insults at you like they have in this thread.
See I think that's open to opinion, I respect the fact you might disagree with me. But if someone comes on a support forum (that's the important bit) claiming they know how to do something but talks down to us with an overarching condescending patronising attitude, I think we should be grown up enough to call them out for it without fear that the poor little snowflake might melt. And if that means calling a spade a spade instead of calling it a hand-operated earth-moving device, I'm up for it.

His attitude wasn't one of "guys I've learned how to do xyz...this is amazing...I'll let you have a few guesses, then I'll share", it was definitely one of "you're all simpletons except me, maybe after you've kissed my feet I'll give you a clue if you're lucky enough". I wasn't the only person who had that interpretation of his posts, but I was happy to be the person who told him to put up or shut up. We're all in this with a common goal to help each other; this isn't a place for willy-wavers.

Unless he's bullshitting us, it's only a matter of time before someone with a far better attitude, deserving of your thanks, posts the solution. This forum is a better place without his type.

KrisL

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2019, 10:09:53 pm »
Only just catching up on this thread.  And I also already explained why I initially posted on this forum. 

I also offered to explain more RE the solution - and added some time for others to find this solution for themselves.   

Notwithstanding the above: 

Why would I - or anyone else viewing this thread/forum - want to contribute/be part of a community when certain members of the community, rather than taking a step back and considering the content herein - choose to act abusively when their demands/views aren't satisfied according to their own perception of how one should act?

I offered to help towards explaining - this was met with disdain.  I also gave an initial explanation as to why it can be preferential not to simply state a solution - and backed this with mention of literature that is certainly worth looking through. 

Yet what we had in response was kneejerk abuse.  I absolutely want nothing to do with such a community, and have nothing to contribute to anonymous posters (the advantage of anonymity cannot be understated here) who act in such a manner. 

What this thread demonstrates is a matter of perspective.  It could, as has been stated, demonstrate what the other posters have read into it. 

It could also demonstrate an individual who, despite attacks, offered to contribute, but was met with disdain and abuse by those who claim to be of a community. 

Again - this is a community I - and I'm sure many others - have no interest in being part of.

KrisL

• Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2019, 11:37:00 pm »
And to conclude RE my own contribution in this thread:

In what could have been nothing other than a lively exchange where respect of others was maintained, perhaps what is most surprising isn't the difference of opinion, but rather, that the foul language/personal insults/attacks on an individual have been tolerated by this site and have not been acted upon/removed.

I certainly wouldn't want any young family members visiting a site where they would be witness to personal attacks on individuals - and said attacks tolerated by the site.  A bad taste would certainly be left in the mouth. 

Given that the potential reach of this site is both existing and potential customers, this is not a good look. 

By all means continue to insult/abuse.  It is not my reputation under threat as a consequence of these actions. 

But the reputation of this site/alleged 'community' will suffer.

For the avoidance of doubt: given the abuse - both before and after an offer of help - I retract any/all offer to help this 'community' (who certain anonymous individuals on this site choose to speak on behalf of) with their ratchet issue.

(Side-note: given we are approaching 3 years since the announcement of the instrument, half this time i.e 18 months was a very logical/reasonable response time prior to giving guidance RE the solution).

I also have no interest in posting on a forum whose moderators tolerate the personal abuse/language demonstrated herein.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 11:40:00 pm by KrisL »

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2019, 10:26:45 am »
Oh come on its not THAT serious. Just admit you were a little naive in your expectations of how people would react to what you have done. And others need to realise that if they want to use offensive language and psychologically berate people there is always "gearslutz.com". Here you need to make your arguments without being offensive.

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2019, 01:40:30 pm »
So Kris Lennox took his video down where he claims that he can do "true ratcheting" without externally patching.

I'll take that as a victory. He was obviously patching externally. What a burke. Got what he deserved here  ;D

The bit I liked the best was when he compared himself to Apex Twin HA HA HA HA KrisL you are not Aphex Twin.

guyaguy

• Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2019, 08:37:22 am »
Yikes this was an unfortunate thread. I posted this in the general subforum thread but I'll post this here in case it's useful to anyone who misses that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdPJKqQtRwc&feature=emb_title

I don't know if what KrisL was using for ratcheting because I didn't see the video but my video shows how you can ratchet by 1) opening up the envelopes completely, 2) using the LFOs as Attack/Decay envelopes, and 3) using seq mod to modulate the rate.

Enjoy!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines