March 28, 2024, 12:49:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep sequencer and Volca Keys sequencer issues  (Read 1712 times)

progrocker

• Apprentice
Keystep sequencer and Volca Keys sequencer issues
« on: March 26, 2019, 01:03:34 am »
I connected my Volca Keys to the MIDI on the Keystep but the Volcas sequencer is the one working. How can I make the Keystep sequencer the default? Is this a problem? I have the dip switches set to Internal on the keystep.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Keystep sequencer and Volca Keys sequencer issues
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 09:36:25 am »
I connected my Volca Keys to the MIDI on the Keystep but the Volcas sequencer is the one working. How can I make the Keystep sequencer the default? Is this a problem? I have the dip switches set to Internal on the keystep.

Is your Vkeys set to the same MIDI channel as the Keystep is?  Is the VKeys set to Internal sync (so its sequencer ignores external MIDI start/stop and clock)?  Have you enabled MIDI short messages on your Vkeys? Press and hold function as you turn on your VKeys to enter global settings and check the user-guide for which step lights indicate what global settings (I can't remember right now) and set them to Internal sync (not Auto) and receive MIDI short messages and look up how to set the MIDI channel.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines