March 28, 2024, 05:30:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: LIMIT & Ratcheting  (Read 1912 times)

VAU

LIMIT & Ratcheting
« on: February 28, 2019, 10:40:44 pm »
it would be great to have a vertical row in the sequencer for LIMIT =  to limit the random jumps.
best would be an upper and a lower limit. so for example the value for random velocity has an upper and lower limit.

the other cool thing of course would be ratcheting = subdevisions of a note trigger, let's say from 1x to 8x the note trigger subdevided.
random ratcheting must be super super cool !

LBH

Re: LIMIT & Ratcheting
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 04:40:53 pm »
About limits - Have you seen this FR https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=94403.0 ?

About ratcheting - You can't add more steps than 16 to the sequencer on the run. But as you can have notes to last up to 4 steps, then you do have some possibilities to get different note lengths. And you have the trigger probability parameter.

For some things you might only need to manipulate the sequencer rate.

You can for example use the sidechain, the modulation and the excisting trigger possibilities to simulate ratcheting allready.

The retrigger suggestion in this thread https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=93812.0 can add further possibilities.

But yes it would be easier (and more correct i guess) to be able to clockdivide (and modulate) the sequencers individuel steps and for that matter the Functions individuel steps directly.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 07:13:26 pm by LBH »

Jpro600k

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 08:45:36 am »
By choosing a scale, you can limit the width, so using it is one of way.

I want to be able to control the randomization value and the width with LFO and envelope.
Is it possible?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 08:49:56 am by Jpro600k »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 04:50:21 pm »
I want to be able to control the randomization value and the width with LFO and envelope.
Is it possible?
The sequencers Randomize parameters can not be modulated, if that is what you mean.

Jpro600k

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 07:23:20 pm »
Is it possible?
The sequencers Randomize parameters can not be modulated, if that is what you mean.

Hi,LBH
Thank you for reply.
modulated will be a future request.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 10:42:36 pm »
I attach a preset that show something that's possible allready regarding ratcheting. The "ratcheting" is in this example automatic and randomized, so just hold a note some time and it will keep changing.

An additional trigger input for the VCA envelope and other things would be great to have too. Or a trigger mixer to make multiple triggers possible (or something like that)  instead of additional triggers. But also for the VCA evelope.

But clockdivider for each sequencer step will still make ratcheting easier and more correct when using the sequencer i guess.

EDIT: Added another quick example that use a Function with the sequencer to simulate ratcheting. Just to show one way to do it controlled also. EDIT END

EDIT2: I attach a third example that use a possible combination of the other examples. There are even more complex possibilities. END EDIT2
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 02:42:10 am by LBH »

VAU

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 02:06:08 am »
thank you i had been busy but will try this asap

thanks again1

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines