March 29, 2024, 06:59:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: FIRMWARE UPDATE  (Read 8293 times)

Predator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
FIRMWARE UPDATE
« on: March 21, 2019, 01:09:11 pm »
So I see a lot of requests and features people would like to see for the Minibrute 2s... But I haven't seen any firmware update since Feb 2018...
When and can we expect a firmware update anytime soon?

yann_

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: FIRMWARE UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 11:43:21 am »
curious about that also its 2019 now but I feel like the last one probably was the last one... ARTURIA

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 10:00:46 pm »
Hi,
There are a few features that can be added but i have no news on a possible FW update. Arturia are at full speed with getting ready future products
When this finishes the Dev team start to look at what needs a fw update. I think nearly all the user of all arturia products wasn't an update right.

Watch this space!
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

psienide

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 11:54:57 pm »
Hello again.
Since the Matrixbrute update is nearing a completion, can you comment on whether MB2 might be next? Or where in the priority list may be. I would love to see some fixes for the sequencer bugs (load point switching to another bank, etc) and also hopefully some expanded midi capability for the mod1/mod2 ports.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 02:56:21 pm »
Hi ,
At the moment i have no news on any future firmware updates. i am still waiting for a few myself.

But if i hear of anything i will let you know.
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

psienide

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 04:10:10 am »
Any update from Arturia? Do we need to get a list of bugs going to get them focused?

psienide

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 04:34:07 am »
Well, here goes.

One of the biggest annoyances for me is the load point bug. You can be in any bank, hold load to prime up a new sequence, and it will often go to a different bank, so you have to then switch banks.
The behavior should be at first load within your originating bank and if you want to change banks you can.

Something else I noticed that may be just related to my instruments but not sure: it seems like the pitch track you can assign to the aux CV out is an octave off from the regular pitch track. In other words, C4 on the aux pitch track seems to be C5 on the regular pitch track. Edit: I wanted to just confirm this - it is in fact my outboard gear which causes the problem.

As far as features I really really love to see: Foremost is an ext controller based step-recorder mode. So I can use my midi keyboard to record a step without being in live play-recording mode. It's really difficult to record a sequence with a midi keyboard on the MB2s. I think this is a very sore point. A step based recording feature would be very powerful. In other words, set it into step-record mode, press a key or a skip step signal and it proceeds to the next step to wait for your next input.

Another feature that would make this even more powerful is being able to assign the aux midi-cv outputs to a different channel so you can use them for independent midi in or out.

I'm sure there's more but hopefully this starts a little spark. The MB2S is already powerful but I think these simple changes could take it to the next level.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 07:58:33 pm by psienide »

psienide

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 08:08:36 pm »
Another issue: When using the aux CV as a gate or trigger source, it does not seem to present the same voltage as the regular gate out. It will not trigger or gate some devices which are expecting specific voltage ranges, while the regular gate out will reliably. I am testing a couple of different eurorack modules and this seems to be the case.

KingQuinn

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 06:07:50 pm »
As of right now, the major sticking point to all Arturia sequencers is that I cannot ignore start/ stop messages via MIDI and still receive MIDI clock. If I could do that, I would really enjoy using all of my units (DB, MB2S, BSP) live, opposed to having to slide sliders/ rotate knobs up and down or pre muting tracks. Having this as an update for all Arturia units would really beat me having to buy a separate MIDI filter for this.

Of course, I could always use gates/ clock, but that would shrink my ecosystem- I use an MPC Live for my mother brain.

psienide

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 06:25:00 pm »
Any update from Arturia? I see that the old Minilab MKII received some care. When can we expect something for MB2/S?

The non-blinking octave option implemented in the minilab would be great for MB2/S as well.

psienide

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 07:20:47 pm »
Another possible bug that can be addressed through firmware or MIDI CC:

Disabling Global Transpose does not seem to work when using external controllers.
In other words, when a sequence is running, if I want to play MB2S by using a midi keyboard, it will always transpose the sequence. There does not seem to be a way to turn it off. The only work around seems to be to change the transpose channels, but that doesn't really help if you're using all channels for other gear.

Predator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2020, 12:26:33 pm »
More than a year later, still no news...

So I see a lot of requests and features people would like to see for the Minibrute 2s... But I haven't seen any firmware update since Feb 2018...
When and can we expect a firmware update anytime soon?

psienide

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 01:44:37 am »
Good news per a recent support ticket I had in with them.

We apologize for the inconvenience, the Dev Team is already working on fixing this issue, I have added your ticket to the log so you get notified when a fix is available.

Perhaps there is a forthcoming firmware!

psienide

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 03:42:51 am »
I've given up hope.

I will never give arturia another dollar.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines