March 28, 2024, 12:10:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Will we ever get a MCC vst  (Read 1966 times)

turbo_kev

Will we ever get a MCC vst
« on: March 17, 2019, 11:14:16 pm »
Hi

I use Bitwig as my daw on windows
and I often want to add / move / delete patches
from my MxB .

the problem is on windows I have to close down my daw
load up the mcc  do what I want to do
then close down the mcc and reload my daw

I believe that mac users don't have this problem

is there a work around on windows for this
or just carry on holing my breath for a vst version of the mcc

cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

FrequencySounds

• Apprentice
  • Advanced Sample & Sound Design
    • Frequency Sounds
Re: Will we ever get a MCC vst
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 12:28:38 pm »
Good idea.
It would be a giant time saver indeed

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 12:46:27 pm »
I'm probably being dumb but what happens if you open MCC without closing BitWig (which upto this point in time I can't say I'd ever heard of...every day's a school day).
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

FrequencySounds

• Apprentice
    • Frequency Sounds
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 02:19:55 pm »
I'm probably being dumb but what happens if you open MCC without closing BitWig (which upto this point in time I can't say I'd ever heard of...every day's a school day).

Sometimes it reacts kind of buggy

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 03:44:02 pm »
Fair enough. It might not be possible to have a VST version of the MCC though, I suspect it really does need to be a standalone app which interfaces directly with the hardware, rather than through a DAW, in order to gain access to the firmware. This could be why the results are unpredictable when you have both a DAW and the MCC open, because they're both trying to shout louder than the other to gain exclusive access to the MatrixBrute.

I've always found the MCC to be buggy regardless. For example, changes that I make to the setup of my KeyLab 49 mk1 via the MCC don't survive a power-off/power-on. Even if I make doubly sure I've followed the instructions precisely, the controller always goes back to its default settings after a power cycle. Consequently I gave up using MCC for anything but flashing it with the all-too-infrequent firmware updates, and instead I make any changes directly from the controller's own panel of buttons. That's way more fiddly, but the changes are at least saved properly. I realise that's probably not a solution for you  :(

Good luck in your quest for a reply from Arturia.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

turbo_kev

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 09:25:40 pm »
The problem on the PC
is that you cant access the MxB with the MCC
at the same time  you are using the MxB in your daw, apparently its something to do with the way windows handles midi

if you try the MCC just doesn't see the MxB

I think on the apple platform you don't get this problem because it handles midi differently

perhaps some Bright spark on here can explain why.?

cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

FrequencySounds

• Apprentice
    • Frequency Sounds
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 09:39:17 pm »
happens on Apple also sometimes

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines