April 27, 2024, 12:52:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Support for multiple devices of the same type  (Read 570 times)

holografique

Support for multiple devices of the same type
« on: March 17, 2019, 06:37:38 pm »
Please make it easy to support multiple Keysteps connected to the same DAW. I have (3) of them in my studio setup at various areas for controlling various things. Within my DAW, all three of them work fine. However, if I need to make changes or update firmware to any of the devices, the MIDI Control Center only recognizes (1) Keystep at a time. This makes management somewhat cumbersome as I can only have (1) unit connected at a time when using MCC.

The same should apply for any of the products supported by the MIDI Control Center. Beatstep, Beatstep Pro, etc. etc.

Thanks!

lake33

• Apprentice
Re: Support for multiple devices of the same type
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 09:17:21 pm »
+1

What's worse is I have the KeyStep White and KeyStep Black. I'm surprised and disappointed that MCC can't tell the difference.

Bernhard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 02:38:38 pm »
Hello,

Same here: 2 Beatsteps (one black, one white). 

Would be good if they'd both could be addressed in MCC at the same time.

No idea if it requires some device-ID to be set at the controller itself (which would require a firmware change), or that an MCC-update would be sufficient.

(I know, I could switch to a BeatstepPro, instead of multiple Beatsteps, but still, there's always a valid reason for multiple devices of the same type...)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 02:40:33 pm by Bernhard »

Bernhard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 09:27:29 pm »
As others have also pointed out, simply connecting two 'same' devices to your DAW works.
I saw they pop up with the same name, no identifying number or anything, but most importantly, they can work at the same time and behave individually.

So hello Arturia, if you read this, please update MCC accordingly... sounds like it could be done without updating firmware of the controllers.

spride

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022, 05:41:29 pm »
+1 - I am having the same problem

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines