March 28, 2024, 11:46:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Physical Modeling models  (Read 1905 times)

josesousa1984

Physical Modeling models
« on: February 27, 2019, 06:12:12 pm »
Hi. I would like to know if there is a bank with new physical modeled instruments.
Also Would be very nice if we could adjust things like material and size. The existing physical modeled instruments are too limited and the parameters don't seem to work well. The decay parameter for example seems to change the envelope decay but no the physical "dumper" attribute...

There is a way I could create new physical modeled drum parts? Maybe with the modular section?

thanks

Re: Physical Modeling models
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 07:43:51 am »
I never figured this out either. With samples it's easy, but I just have had to find a preset kit with modeling instruments already loaded and I just do my best in the modular view and studio view to tweak them into what I want.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 06:16:19 pm »
Yes, you need to mess about in the modular view. It takes some getting ued to, to be sure, but it is pretty powerful.
This'll help ya get goin in it. Arturia's tutorial on it. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc6rZvoTKWk&t=186s
This space left intentionally blank.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 05:51:56 am »
That's a decent tutorial, but they don't really tell you how to make the patches for physical modeling.

Is KARPLUS STRONG the only modeling module? Or is there more?

The factory presets "mad scientist" and "electricity" I use as my launching point for tweaking those sounds.

Also, what is the arturia moose obsession? Some weird inside joke?

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 05:14:03 pm »
Yes, karplus strong is the only physical modelling module.

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 11:08:56 pm »
Thank you. I will try to get used to that module and getting the most out of it. Too bad you can't go full screen or use dual displays for modular mode, the zooming can be a time waster. Do you program with that module or have any good tips?

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 12:15:54 pm »
Thank you. I will try to get used to that module and getting the most out of it. Too bad you can't go full screen or use dual displays for modular mode, the zooming can be a time waster. Do you program with that module or have any good tips?
I used to mess with it more, but these days I mostly just load samples into the pads. No tips I can think of off the top of my head. Like any modular system, just try patching things here and there. :D
This talk is kinda makin me wanna mess with the modular stuff a bit more tho. Can do some neato stuff using the sampler.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines