March 28, 2024, 12:08:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Question regarding the midi channel of the knobs  (Read 1574 times)

DannyD

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Question regarding the midi channel of the knobs
« on: February 23, 2019, 05:35:01 pm »
Hi,

I am using the Keylab Essential in Ableton Live. I really like to control the DAW from the Keylab, especially for recording and launching midi or audio clips. One thing that I can't solve: How can I change the midi channel of the knobs on the fly? So that I could control different controls with them, for example have one midi channel for one set of instrument controls. I can easily change the midi channel of the keyboard (normal notes), but I haven't found out how to do it with these knobs. I also can't use user mappings, as they unfortunately are unable to control Ableton the way I like.

I hope someone can help, this would be a killer feature.

cboshuizen

• Apprentice
Re: Question regarding the midi channel of the knobs
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 06:29:07 am »
1) in MIDI control center, change the knobs to be on the "User" midi channel.
2) during your performance, hold the "MIDI CH" button and select the new channel with the keybaord 1-16 numbers. The keys and knobs will all change to the new channel.

If you don't want your keyboard or pads to change, set them to a fixed channel other than "user"

DannyD

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Question regarding the midi channel of the knobs
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 03:04:39 pm »
Unfortunately that doesn't work, as by that method only the midi channel of the keys change. The "user midi channel" for the knobs and sliders is set in "device settings", its 1 by default.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines