March 29, 2024, 08:25:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Key scale self oscillating filter intonation?  (Read 1154 times)

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
Key scale self oscillating filter intonation?
« on: February 13, 2019, 09:35:32 am »
Key scale self oscillating filter intonation? I am finding that I cannot tune the filter to the keyboard with equal temperament. Octaves are still flat even with full mod. KBD>Filter Cutoff

I need to add some extra mod to get there but there is none left!

Is this like this on your MxB?

Other analogue mono synth I have do this easily.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Key scale self oscillating filter intonation?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 12:36:22 pm »
For the Ladder filter 100% tracking is at around +96 mod amount IIRC. It tracks fine on my MxB acorss the whole keyboard. The Steiner Parker may not track as well.

If you need more mod amount, the trick is to use one of the user assignable columns to add more of the same modulation. E.g. for Ladder Cutoff, assign the Cutoff pot to one of columns 13-16 and route Kbd/Seq to this in addition to the original Ladder Cutoff column. That should give you more than 200% tracking.

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
Re: Key scale self oscillating filter intonation?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 11:46:18 am »
Thanks Dr Justice,
I will have a go later. Pretty sure I was still flat at 100%, need to check, hopefully I was actually sharp. Shame to take up a user mod just to get in tune.

I am using iStrobe soft on my iPhone. The best tuner I have ever used. Quick to use and very accurate indeed. Really makes a big difference to those sounds you make on the MxB where the tunings are all over the place. Works a charm on a guitar too.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines