March 29, 2024, 10:28:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Le with Studio One 3 Artist  (Read 1048 times)

SteamMachine

Spark Le with Studio One 3 Artist
« on: February 12, 2019, 09:47:29 pm »
Hi,

I'm interested in buying the Spark Le. However I use studio one 3 artist as my primary DAW, and because it is the "artist" variety, I am unable to load or implement third-party plugins. I am hoping that someone here has experience using the spark le with studio one artist, and can tell me whether it's possible to use the spark le to its full potential, as I have read that the spark le requires it's own VST plugin to function properly, but I haven't been able to find any more information about this.

Thanks

bigblip

• Apprentice
Re: Spark Le with Studio One 3 Artist
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 11:46:55 am »
I think you will have to take the plunge and buy the VST Support pack for Studio One (around £75 in the UK). Spark LE won't do anything on its own as it's a hybrid hardware/software system. Alternatively, you could look at one of the free DAWs that comes with VST support included (Cakewalk by Bandlab springs to mind), create your beats there and export either the audio or the midi to use in Studio One. Bit of a long way round, though!

I'm a complete newbie with the Spark LE but I have to say I am having a ton of fun with it (I'm using Studio One 4 Pro). If you can justify the upgrade cost I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines