March 28, 2024, 11:51:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Low input from external input with eurorack modules/internal osc's  (Read 1873 times)

miikka

Hi,

I have noticed that when i connect external eurorack oscillator-module to the external input of minibrute 2s, i got noticeably lower input volume from module when comparing to "hardwired" waveforms (behind sliders).

I tried to test this and if it was related to the eurorack-module itself in use by patching Minibrute's own oscillator sawtooth-wave to the input, but with similar results. Basically when i patch raw Sawtooth-wave to the external input and compare volumes of "hardwired" Sawtooth and one patched to the external, the external in the max is about 70% of the hardwired on the max volume.

Is this normal behavior? Are the input levels normally this low? I was thinking of Doepfer A-183-3-module as solution, but wanted to make sure before that this is normal in minibrute 2s.

Thanks!

vykaar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Low input from external input with eurorack modules/internal osc's
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 09:34:49 pm »
When I plug a Doepfer A-110 VCO sawtooth into EXT input the level is about the same as the Osc2 internal sawtooth - are  you using a different type of VCO?
The A-138-3 would amplify a lower output VCO if needed.

I just put a video up on youtube showing me mix three doepfer sawtooth waves in to the ext input if that is any help to you.

https://youtu.be/GeEks1WyTBE
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:01:24 pm by vykaar »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines