April 19, 2024, 05:56:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Going lower A0 con CV out?  (Read 1180 times)

FlavioB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Going lower A0 con CV out?
« on: February 09, 2019, 10:13:25 pm »
Hi all.
I'm using my BSP to play my Roland SH-2
When playing A0 on the BSP (the lowest note you can dial in), then I am playing the second A on my SH-2 keyboard. I have more than one full octave below, but I can't play it from the BSP.
Any help on this?

Thanks,
Flavio.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Going lower A0 con CV out?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 03:26:17 am »
I'm guessing you have set the BSP SEQ1+2 to 0v note to C-2?  A way to get lower notes out of the BSP melody sequencers is to transpose the sequences down an few octaves.  When you do, the notes displayed by touching the dial for previewing will tell you the actual note to be sent on that step after transposition.  Maybe try that for getting down to where you want to be?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

FlavioB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 11:27:23 pm »
Hi megamarkd.
Yes, you're right: I've set the 0V to C-2 - I then used your suggestion to transpose down one octave and it works. So I just save the pattern *after* having it transposed and it stays like this. Great!
Any hopes to see the possibility to change the 0V note from the BSP hardware configuration?
Thanks,
Flavio.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 02:01:22 am »
Apparently they have chosen to configure the sequencer in that way so that if you want to transpose down from the lowest note programmable you won't go below the lowest MIDI note (or something along those lines).  I've done the same thing for some of my bass parts to reach that lower 2 octaves; I transpose the sequence down before I record the sequence (using the BSP's pads) then save so I don't need to worry about the sequence need transposing every time I play it.  Another way to do it is to transpose your synth (or down-tune the osc's) to the lower pitch you want, but the you need to remember to use that patch every time, or the case of an old analogue synth with no patch saving, retune/detune the synth.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines