March 28, 2024, 05:53:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The Sequential Voltage Source jump a step when used in a loop in a DAW.  (Read 2792 times)

LBH

The Sequential Voltage Source jump a step when used in a loop in my DAW Studio One 3 (and 2). It also happens in an old Cubase LE i have. This make it impossible to use a  Sequential Voltage Source sequnce in a loop, if you wan't it to follow beats excactly.

Recreate like this.
1. Select Buchla Vs Default preset. (The Sequential Voltage Source trigger is set to Clock.)
2. Set the Clock Rate to 1/4 bars. (it's set to Sync)
3. Set the Envelope Generator trigger select to sequencer.
4. Create a one bar midi loop in the DAW. Set 3/4, 4/4 or 5/4 timing according to the number of steps you set for The Sequential Voltage Source.
5. Put in a midi note in the DAW loop.
6. Play the loop.
Exspected behavior is the first step in the The Sequential Voltage Source play every time the loop start over. But what happens is it move a step for each looping.

Looks like a Buchla V bug.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: The Sequential Voltage Source jump a step when used in a loop in a DAW.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 09:03:38 am »
Hi LBH,
yes you are totally right.
I somehow missed this " DAW in loop mode" scenario during testing, even having properly checked clock synchronization, i was more used to let a synced  sequencer  or arp free running, i also tested to loop midi clips in Live, where i had no issues.

Anyway it is now logged in our database.

Thanks for this report.

LBH

Re: The Sequential Voltage Source jump a step when used in a loop in a DAW.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 07:06:40 pm »
Thanks Germain.

I also only found  out, when i suddenly was in a rare situation for using the alive Buchla, where this needed to work.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines