March 29, 2024, 06:45:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Windows-10 issue  (Read 6442 times)

fenderchris

• Apprentice
Re: Windows-10 issue
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 07:49:40 pm »
Hi fenderchris,

FYI - I use windows 10 too. And my Pigments do not crash when i switch between Windows Audio and ASIO.

The difference between your images is that in Pigments you have Windows Audio selected, and in DX7 ASIO is selected. If you select ASIO in Pigments, then it's the same as in DX7.

That is the problem! - ASIO can NOT be selected because the program crashes if I try to select it.

Windows-11, 64gb ram, Nuendo 11.0.41, V7 Collection, Pigments, OB-Xa, CS-80 V4.

LBH

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 08:38:10 pm »
Yes i know that's the problem. Just wanted to say that was the difference in your images, as you was asking in your posts. The layouts is the same. You can also change DX7 to windows Audio, and then it's the same as in your Pigments image. So nothing in the layout suggest there is anything wrong or different.
Attached is a picture that shows the Audio Settings section from the DX7 stand-alone. All of the V6 Collection  apps have the same layout and they are all working correctly. You can see that this layout is not the same as the Pigments layout (see my previous post). If they are all working with the RME audio Interface why is there something different about the Pigments Audio Settings screen? - and it crashes if I try to select the RME in the Device box.

The question is, why you have this crash issue when selecting ASIO? It's clearly not a common issue.

EDIT: I can also suggest you contact RME support. I don't know if it's possible the driver can't work for one application if it can for others, or if it can be blocked, or something else.

You can also try to run your RME driver in windows 7 compatibility mode. And perhaps Pigments the same. Just to see, if it make a difference. EDIT END
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:15:40 pm by LBH »

Jpro600k

The latest version is the following version.
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 05:17:40 am »
The latest version is the following version.
Pigments   08-Jan-2019   98.1 Mb   1.1.1.503
http://downloads.arturia.net/products/pigments/soft/Pigments_1_1_1_503.exe

Jpro600k

There is no difference between the two.
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 05:39:59 am »
I have attached CMI_V_and_Pigments_audio_settings.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
Re: There is no difference between the two.
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 12:51:01 pm »
I have attached CMI_V_and_Pigments_audio_settings.

Well there is here. See attached pic.

All apps were installed with the ASC.
Only Pigments crashes when trying to select ASIO.

In the picture, CS80 is on the left and Pigments on the right.

Audio Settings in all of the V6 Collection synths look the same as the CS80 pic here.
Only the Pigments one is different because it crashes when I try to select ASIO.

What is different about Pigments?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:56:04 pm by fenderchris »

LBH

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 01:36:30 pm »
@Fenderchris

It is annoying to have an issue that's hard to explain and figure out.

I have explained why there are differences in your images above. It's because one is set on Windows audio and the other not. The dropdown menus you have in one but not in the other only appear, when ASIO is selected. If both are set to the same setting, then the layout is the same. Nothing in your images show that anything is wrong.

Your issue is, that you for some reason can't select ASIO for your Pigments without it crash. But as i wrote, then this is clearly not a common issue.
There is this thread about similar issue: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=93767.0
You can try to delete this folder and try again: "C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Pigments\tmp (This should have been done allready, if your uninstall was full. But does'nt harm to try.)

I can only suggest, what i allready have suggested in my posts - including contacting Arturia and RME support directly, if nothing else helps.
We don't know about Arturias coding.

I presume you have only Pigments open to use your RME soundcard, when you try to select the ASIO driver.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 04:19:24 pm »
Some progress:

If I run it in Administrator mode and Windows-7 Compatibility, it does allow me to select ASIO and then RME Fireface UFX. I can then select the audio outs as normal. After confirming to Windows that the program has worked, it will load again, but very slowly. It takes about four times as long as the V6 synths (this may be normal as it has a lot to load).

I don't know why it should be necessary to do this with Pigments as all the V6 synths run without compatibility mode, but maybe Arturia will discover why at some point.

LBH

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 05:07:22 pm »
Was all Arturias applications including Pigments standalone installed and working, when you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7?

Was it a clean install of Windows 10 and all of Arturias applications afterwards?

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 05:19:14 pm »
All the V6 applications and Pigments were installed and working before updating from W7 to W10.

It was an upgrade from W7 to W10, not a clean install. After the upgrade, all of the V6 synths continued to work perfectly but Pigments did not work.

LBH

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2019, 06:15:56 pm »
So nothing was done different.

Can this issue have to do with buffer settings?

The only thing i can see that's different is that Pigments standalone is installed in 64 bit ProgramFiles and not in 32 bit ProgramFiles folder. That might indicate the Pigments standalone also is a 64 bit application or have some different coding than VC6 applications.
I don't know, if this matter when using some soundcard drivers in Windows 10. Windows 10 have different audio coding than previous Windows versions. Windows Audio can work at lower latencies in Windows 10, and i believe others things have been changed. That might have an impact on audio drivers and applications in some circumstances.
However i assume your DAW run 64 bit, so....

I suggest you contact both Arturia and RME support.

Also i can't rule out, if something went wrong in your Windows 10 upgrade. But i would try Arturia and RME support first.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2019, 11:51:11 am »
I think my problem is essentially the same as this one:

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=93767.0

Hopefully Arturia will fix it soon.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2019, 07:36:41 pm »
This Win-10 loading issue appears to be solved with update 1.1.2.539. 

Thank you Arturia, but now what has happened to the POLY option that was on the bottom bar when Pigments was first released? I seems to have vanished.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines