March 29, 2024, 01:06:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Windows-10 issue  (Read 6445 times)

fenderchris

• Apprentice
Windows-10 issue
« on: February 08, 2019, 08:00:10 am »
Just updated from Windows-7 to Windows-10 and now Pigments stand-alone will not run.

Any suggestions?

Note: The Pigments plugin and all of the V6 Collection stand-alones still work.
Windows-11, 64gb ram, Nuendo 11.0.41, V7 Collection, Pigments, OB-Xa, CS-80 V4.

LBH

Re: Windows-10 issue
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 05:09:08 pm »
Have you un- and re-installed Pigments?
There should be no issues in windows 10.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 05:30:21 pm »
How do I do that?

Do I need to somehow de-activate it in the ABC, or should I uninstall the app in Windows and then download it again from the ABC?

Or what? :)

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 05:43:52 pm »
You don't have to deactivate.

Beside that, then yesy uninstall Pigments. Then i suggest a restart of your computer. Then install thru ASC, or download Pigments from you account or the Arturia download site and install it.
Keep in mind, that it's allways a good idea to make a backup of your own presets, - just in case.

You can use this FAQ guide for the uninstall: https://www.arturia.com/faq/installation/uninstall-remove-a-software

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 09:02:45 am »
The online Arturia instructions mention clicking on the Uninstall button in the ASC when trying to uninstall a software plugin, but I can not find an Uninstall button anywhere.   Where is it?

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 10:03:05 am »
OK, I've uninstalled Pigments through Windows-10 and then clicked on 'Install' in the Pigments section in the ASC. Pigments is now re-installed and opens correctly in Windows-10.

However, there are some new bugs:

Bug 1:

1. Select Audio Settings from the main dropdown menu.

2. In the 'Device' section click on Windows Audio and choose ASIO  (I want to select my RME FireFace UFX as the audio device) - after a few seconds the program crashes with a 'Pigments.exe has stopped working' message.

However, , if I do not click in the first box (where it initially reads 'Windows Audio') and instead click in the box below it, all of the Fireface i/o's are already listed there and the desired one can be selected without the program crashing.

All of the V6 Collection stand-alones allow the correct audio device to be selected in the first box and only then will the relevant i/o be listed in the lower box.

Bug 2:

On initially opening the Audio Settings menu, the Sample Rate box shows 44100Hz and the Buffer size box shows 441 samples !  - if I then click in the Buffer size box and select a different buffer size (let's say 256 for example) 256 will be set and '441' will disappear from the list - never to be seen again.  This must be a bug - Whoever sets a buffer size of 441?  -  I've never ever come across a device that could even offer a buffer size of 441.

See image below.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:38:36 am by fenderchris »

LBH

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 01:58:30 pm »
The online Arturia instructions mention clicking on the Uninstall button in the ASC when trying to uninstall a software plugin, but I can not find an Uninstall button anywhere.   Where is it?
The uninstall button in ASC appear at the lower right corner of ASC, when you select an instrument.
The link i provided also mention a method to use the uninstaller in the instrument folder.

On initially opening the Audio Settings menu, the Sample Rate box shows 44100Hz and the Buffer size box shows 441 samples !  - if I then click in the Buffer size box and select a different buffer size (let's say 256 for example) 256 will be set and '441' will disappear from the list - never to be seen again.  This must be a bug - Whoever sets a buffer size of 441?  -  I've never ever come across a device that could even offer a buffer size of 441.
The 441 samples is a Windows Audio thing. It's the samples that give a 10 ms buffer.

In the 'Device' section click on Windows Audio and choose ASIO  (I want to select my RME FireFace UFX as the audio device) - after a few seconds the program crashes with a 'Pigments.exe has stopped working' message.

However, , if I do not click in the first box (where it initially reads 'Windows Audio') and instead click in the box below it, all of the Fireface i/o's are already listed there and the desired one can be selected without the program crashing.

All of the V6 Collection stand-alones allow the correct audio device to be selected in the first box and only then will the relevant i/o be listed in the lower box.
I think it's strange, if you can't use your RME Driver. Especially if it work with your VC applications. I have no issues using my external soundcard with it's own ASIO driver.
You also don't have issues using your RME with your DAW, and can run Pigments plug-in in there i understand.

Have you tried to restart your computer?
Are your RME driver updated - so it's a driver for windows 10? I can't tell if it matters.
Updating a Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 can in generel require some driver updates, and perhaps other updates.
Do you have more than one ASIO driver installed, and are you sure, you use the correct one?

EDIT: Also are your RME firmware updated for Windows 10? EDIT END
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 04:27:04 pm by LBH »

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 05:16:07 pm »
Hi LBH,

LBH Quote ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried to restart your computer?
Are your RME driver updated - so it's a driver for windows 10? I can't tell if it matters.
Updating a Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 can in generel require some driver updates, and perhaps other updates.
Do you have more than one ASIO driver installed, and are you sure, you use the correct one?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have restarted the PC.

I will check the RME drivers but I believe they are up-to-date.  The interface is functioning correctly.

I only have one ASIO driver - The RME.

Attached is a picture that shows the Audio Settings section from the DX7 stand-alone. All of the V6 Collection  apps have the same layout and they are all working correctly. You can see that this layout is not the same as the Pigments layout (see my previous post). If they are all working with the RME audio Interface why is there something different about the Pigments Audio Settings screen? - and it crashes if I try to select the RME in the Device box.

Jpro600k

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 05:49:34 pm »
I have not problem.
I can choose two drivers in the V6 collection and Pigments.
ASIO and Windows Audio
No problem with either driver.
The  system volume of windows audio has influence on the Windows Audio volume, but with the ASIO driver, it is not affected by the system volume.

I have attached audio settings.(This is Pigments)

Please execute with administrator privileges during installation.
Right-click on the installer and run as administrator.

Access to the folder may be unstable.
In that case,On the Security tab of the Arturia folder, change the setting.

On the compatibility tab of the executable file, click Change all user's settings,
 check the Run this program as administrator checkbox and press the OK button to apply.

Applications that crash may be solved with this.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 06:14:12 pm »
@jPro600k:

On your right-hand image, if you were to click on 'Windows Audio'  and select 'ASIO' I believe the program will crash.

The V6 apps do not look the same as your two images. They have 3 boxes relating to Device selection and Outputs.  In the latest version of Pigments there are only 2, and they do not function correctly.

---------------

I have now updated to the latest RME drivers and the firmware was already up-to-date.
I've rebooted the PC.

The problem is still there.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:32:38 pm by fenderchris »

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 06:31:52 pm »
@LBH:

LBH QUOTE

The uninstall button in ASC appear at the lower right corner of ASC, when you select an instrument.
The link i provided also mention a method to use the uninstaller in the instrument folder.

------------------------

I can not see that! - If I click on Pigments  in the ASC the screen changes to show the version history. The bottom left-hand corner shoes Status and the bottom right-hand corner shows my email address and the ASC version number. That's it.

------------------------

@jPro600k:

jPro quote: -----------------------------------
Please execute with administrator privileges during installation.
Right-click on the installer and run as administrator.

Access to the folder may be unstable.
In that case,On the Security tab of the Arturia folder, change the setting.

On the compatibility tab of the executable file, click Change all user's settings,
 check the Run this program as administrator checkbox and press the OK button to apply.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you mean by this? - Are you talking about installing the program manually, without using the ASC?

If so, I can find no way to download Pigments without the ASC.

Jpro600k

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 06:40:10 pm »
@jPro600k:
On your right-hand image, if you were to click on 'Windows Audio'  and select 'ASIO' I believe the program will crash.
---------------

Switching to ASIO will switch to Low latency Asio Driver and will not crash.
I have attached audio settings. CMI V
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:57:34 pm by Jpro600k »

Jpro600k

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 06:48:29 pm »

What do you mean by this? - Are you talking about installing the program manually, without using the ASC?

This is a way to make the application's executable file work with administrator privileges so that it is not restricted by user level.
Access restrictions on folders may interfere with application operation. I wrote a method for them.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2019, 07:14:18 pm »

This is a way to make the application's executable file work with administrator privileges so that it is not restricted by user level.
Access restrictions on folders may interfere with application operation. I wrote a method for them.

Ok, I've downloaded the app from the Arturia download site and installed it in Admin mode as you suggest, but the problem is still there. It crashes if I click on Windows Audio and try to select ASIO.

LBH

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2019, 07:20:55 pm »
Hi fenderchris,

FYI - I use windows 10 too. And my Pigments do not crash when i switch between Windows Audio and ASIO.

The difference between your images is that in Pigments you have Windows Audio selected, and in DX7 ASIO is selected. If you select ASIO in Pigments, then it's the same as in DX7.

I think i once have read about RME should be run using a administrator windows account. I assume you are on such an account. Otherwise it's worth trying, even if other things work allready.

About the uninstall button in ASC please look at the attached image. Look where my red arrow point.

Unfortunately i can not suggest more that i have beside contacting Arturia support directly thru your account, if you can't get it to work. But i can't tell if this is about Pigments at all.
Pigments is newer than the VC6 applications. I don't know if anything is different about this, as i don't know about Arturias coding.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines