April 20, 2024, 07:15:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Strange behavior - No more self-oscillation, brute factor not very responsive  (Read 2373 times)

ZentSar

Hello,
After loaning my minibrute to a friend I have gotten it back and notice some unusual behaviors. First, the filter will not self-oscillate. I haven't used a minibrute in over a year, but the last time was on a month long tour and I remember clearly that it could self-oscillate. So, I'm not sure what is happening with this. I can hear that the filter controls are working, but something is lacking as if the potentiometer wasn't  reaching it's highest value when turned up all the way. The Brute Factor is also somewhat lacking in power. I can get it to cause some effect, but it seems weak. The LP filter is apparently the most affected by both of these issues, however all filter modes are somewhat affected. They still work, but not full power.

The final issue is the aftertouch. It wasn't working when I got the synth back from my friend, but I opened it up to check the connection. The connection appeared fine, although I did unplug it and plugged it back in. Re-assembled and the aftertouch worked perfectly. I wanted to change the response curve and as soon as I switched it from Exp to Linear the aftertouch stopped working again. I am going to open it up again, unplug that connector again and hope it works again, but this all seems very unusual.

Any ideas?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines