April 26, 2024, 04:03:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No Ableton Live Instant Mapping Like on MkI? (or am i missing something?)  (Read 2250 times)

Solaires

Hi there,
I recently picked up the MKII 49 - Great quality controller and software,
but im a little surprised (and frustrated) there doesn't seem to be any proper integration with Ableton Live - I would have expected the knobs to 'instant-map' to each track device's macros, as they did on MKI Keylabs and some of your other controllers. Wasting all 8 knobs on pan-control and a single send control is bizarre to me.
Also, it's very difficult to keep track of where the clip launching range is as there's no red square like there is with other Ableton controllers.

Is there perhaps an alternative Ableton Live mapping floating around? Or maybe one coming in an update?

I've managed to get instant mapping to macros working on User mode by creating a custom Ableton User MIDI Remote Script, but I can't figure out how to get the arrows to change devices.

I'm probably going to try following this tutorial on making a fully-featured User Script with python next - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgKwcCJsoz4

Unless anyone's done it and got it working and feels like sharing their script with me?  ;D

Failing that, I might have to suck it up and pay for Remotify ($89, ouch)

But really, this is quite bizarre for a controller that comes with Ableton Live.
If anyone has had any success or has any advice I'm all ears.

PS these verification questions on posting are a bit over the top aren't they?

Lovelight

• Apprentice
It seems to work now with the latest Arturia midi driver from software center 9 April, with Live 10.06

MrBiggs

• Apprentice
Hey I realize this is a few months later, but what do you mean by "Arturia midi drivers?" As far as I can tell, there is no such thing.
I too am puzzled by the lack of control over Ableton's devices. I created a User Remote Script that works in User mode, but it's not perfect. I emailed Arturia and they tell me they're waiting on Ableton to fix this. Not sure I understand that one.

thanks

joad1

This is amazing to me. I spent $500 and I can’t even map the knobs to Ableton device like the Minilab!?
I’ve spent hours trying to figure this out.
Will this be resolved in a software update soon?

mikeyboy

Re: No Ableton Live Instant Mapping Like on MkI? (or am i missing something?)
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 11:33:36 pm »
I'm finding the same - so it's fine in Keylab 1 but broken in mk 2? Really? That's one of the main reasons I bought this controller, but won't be keeping it if this is the case. Very disappointing.

infiniti

• Apprentice
I came to this forum to find out the exact same thing.

I'm assuming there are no updates on this issue? I could have spent less money with more functionality. Not happy at all.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines