March 29, 2024, 03:06:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issues with Keylab 49 Essentials and Ableton 10 Live Lite  (Read 6669 times)

Super Hue

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Issues with Keylab 49 Essentials and Ableton 10 Live Lite
« on: January 30, 2019, 12:30:16 pm »
Hello guys,

First of all, i'm from France so I may mispelled some words, or write sentences that don't make sense... I'll try my best !

So i'm a fresh user of Keylab 49, and surprise, all the functionnalities in Ableton doesn't really work (but work perfectly in Analog alone):

- Every single command like the "Daw Command Center", the "Transport", The "pitch" etc... everything that is not a key, plays a key note...

- On the main octave, i have 3 notes that doesn't play any sound, but ableton show me a remote key signal.

I tried to map "play", "rec", and "stop" but for like the "undo" and "save" button, it's not possible...

I hope you will find a way to help me, it's frustrating to not use the instrument properly.

And also i cannot rec the music that I play with my arturia in ableton, but i think I just don't know how to do this, i'm new to ableton, i'll keep digging.

MANY THANKSSSSSSS FOR HELPING ME !  :)

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Issues with Keylab 49 Essentials and Ableton 10 Live Lite
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 01:08:41 pm »
Hi,

It seems to be a configuration issue. Please, show me a screenshot of the MIDI Preferences of Ableton Live.
You can also see this page : https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabessential/keylab-essential-tips-tricks

Regards,

Matthieu

Super Hue

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 02:57:03 pm »
Thank you for your answer,

Here's the screenshot :

And unfortunatly i have already tried to press Daw Live Preset, and nothing happens...

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 03:39:32 pm »
Try something like this. Be sure to use the "Port 2" on the control surface settings.
Remove every midi connection that is not needed.

Super Hue

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 04:36:40 pm »
With port 2, doesn't make any sound, and with the other, it's still the same problem

I'm kind of lost on this :/

gphantom

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 02:36:53 am »
I know I had a problem like yours where three keys wouldn't play in Ableton.  If I remember, I believe I had to re-install Ableton in order to get it to work.

Super Hue

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 04:22:02 pm »
Thank you for your answer !

I already tried it :/ but I will do it again just to be sure..

Super Hue

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 03:51:20 pm »
Hey guys !

I reinstalled it again, and use a cleaner for getting rid of everything, but it still doesn't work..

Do you have another idea?

Thank you  :'(

Angeloi

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 07:22:48 pm »
I have the exact same issue. And I plainly don't know how to solve it. Did anyone find a solution?
Sincere Thanks, Angeloi

NullDivision

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 09:06:40 am »
Same issue here, a little frustrated how i cant get it to work, regardless of the configurations. I'm using a PC and have the latest version of Live. Hope there's a fix soon.

gphantom

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 07:09:14 pm »
Another thing I just remembered (I think that was the culprit) was that I had updated one of the arturia's software (Analog Lab 4 I think) and had placed the VSTs in the wrong folder.  I then copied them in the one set up in Ableton and it worked fine since.   It's been a while but If I remember correctly, that was the solution.

FraIso

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 03:55:52 pm »
by default, when connected with ableton live, the keylab essential (maybe also the keylab?), is set to "MAP SELECT > DAW". You have to press "map select" and simutaneously "analog lab" (the first pad) every time you open ableton. Be sure the pad corresponding to "analog lab" lights on when you press "map select". another "bug" is that, when you put analog lab VST in a midi column, the plug in is set to "generic midi controller", so you have to click on the bottom right "MIDI controller" and select "keylab", so it will recognize you are using a keylab controller instead of a generic midi controller (and do it every time you open a new analog lab vst).

I can't understand why these are default setting, but it is it......

roberto101

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 11:58:22 pm »
I have the exact same issue. And I plainly don't know how to solve it. Did anyone find a solution?
Sincere Thanks, Angeloi

anyone have anything more to say about this? I'm getting the same issue

Jenna

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2021, 06:42:48 pm »
Same issues here.  I have to say that my experience with Arturia and this Mk2 Keylab 49 has been dreadful from the very start… I have actually never got it working right with Reaper, Studio One or Ableton Live 11.

I had literally weeks of emails back and forth with Arturia support to even get it working in a limited way with Reaper.  If anybody can suggest an alternative controller that actually works with Ableton and Macbook Pro, please let me know… I am at the point where I never want to buy another Arturia product after this experience.

Their software and settings seem to be massively flawed and the problems unresolved.  I have no idea if the hardware is any good,.. because it never works.  I have finally emailed support again after another entire day wasted trying to “fix the unfixable” instead of getting on with the coursework of my Ableton Live course.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines