March 28, 2024, 10:23:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Presets for classic 80's songs  (Read 4147 times)

rodgre

Presets for classic 80's songs
« on: January 29, 2019, 07:18:35 pm »
I recently purchased V Collection/Analog Lab to help out the keyboard player in my 80's band. I have to program/edit patches for some 250 songs to compliment his Triton Extreme. So far in a week I have some 30-40 songs done or close to done. I was wondering if there was anyone who might have some patches I'm looking for that might be interested in trading sounds as I go along.

In any case, I will probably upload my patches somewhere to be accessible, once I collect enough of them.

Thank you
Roger

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Presets for classic 80's songs
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 11:35:13 pm »
I recently purchased V Collection/Analog Lab to help out the keyboard player in my 80's band. I have to program/edit patches for some 250 songs to compliment his Triton Extreme. So far in a week I have some 30-40 songs done or close to done. I was wondering if there was anyone who might have some patches I'm looking for that might be interested in trading sounds as I go along.

In any case, I will probably upload my patches somewhere to be accessible, once I collect enough of them.

Thank you
Roger
Sounds great. Have you seen some of the presets you can buy from the Analog Lab store? Some of those might be useful to you
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

rodgre

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 07:53:31 pm »
I have seen the packages from Arturia. They're probably awesome, but I don't think they're exactly what I need. I kinda find it hard to believe that there hasn't been any kind of library of classic 80's song-specific sounds out there at this point. I'll be updating my list for years to come, I'm sure, but like I said, when I get, say 50 or more done, I'll try to put together a package to offer them online.

Most of the stuff I'm doing is songs by INXS, Duran Duran, Prince, The Cars, Wham!, Eurythmics, Tears For Fears, etc.  I'm creating/finding a lot of cool sounds, but I'm also finding certain sounds missing from the V Collection palette. I'm wishing I had a sampler, a PPG Wave, and an Emulator II. The sampler would take care of my issue I think.

That said, I should start a new topic, but I am thinking that I will need to run AnalogLab in a host daw, so I can also have access to a sampler plug-in to trigger both sounds that I create as well as one-shot phrases and sounds/percussion. I need to be cross-platform as I am working on a MacBook and my keyboard player has a Windows laptop. Personally, I really only know ProTools like the back of my hand, but have never used something like, say, Ableton Live, for example. Is Live an easy/suitable daw for just hosting AnalogLab and its included Sampler plug-in?

Thanks for your help.

Roger

cstark0926

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 12:15:03 pm »
Maybe not on topic but I have an answer to your last question : try Cantabile as a DAW.  Maybe since you are only trying to host a VST you may only need the Lite (free) version but I use this for playing live and it's really awesome.  https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/

pfrocha

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 05:46:58 pm »

Thank you
Roger

Hello Roger, greetings from Brazil.

I wanted to follow up on your initial idea and see if you've come around to develop any such collection of 80's songs?

Thanks

Paulo

lodavyes

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 09:26:57 am »
We set this up to play a large number of buttons at once with two hands. My guitarist is better at it. Anyway, we decided to install https://karaoke.red/ software and use it to download songs to play them like a baby speaker mic. I have little doubt that a guy like Jordan Rudess, with good technique and good programming skills, could pull it off. But we've had our difficulties. First he broke up the sounds and then layered them on top of each other to imitate a lot of people as if they were playing. The patch can be transposed and cheats overlaid.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines