March 28, 2024, 04:39:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to change the tempo of Sequence patches?  (Read 6621 times)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
How to change the tempo of Sequence patches?
« on: March 16, 2019, 11:07:31 pm »
I know Sequence patches in Analog Lab 3 will sync to the midi-clock of a host, e.g a DAW or a live performance tool such as MainStage. But when used entirely as a standalone, how exactly do you adjust the tempo of them?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: How to change the tempo of Sequence patches?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 10:38:31 am »
Once you save it in the host app, meaning, the V such as Modular V or ARP2600 V, that's pretty much your tempo when you get to AL3.
Live manipulation of it in AL3 isn't really practical, but in the above mentioned apps, I believe it is the LFO rate is the tempo adjustment, this is in my example, when creating sequences in those apps.
1: Create the sequence
2: Open in DAW, sync to desired Tempo.
3: Verify that tempo in host app
4: Playback/Trigger Sequence in AL3 for live use.

Also in my example, I created the exact same sequence in Modular V as I did in APR2600 V, using the above order of events, then I summed them together as a multi in AL3, panning each one respectively to get the same sequence with some slightly different sound design in each of them.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

LBH

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 04:44:54 pm »
I'm on Windows 10.

AFAIK.

Analog Lab tempo synced presets still sync to a clock when in standalone mode.

To control the sequences that are using tempo sync, you need something that can set the Clock tempo.
I can for example control the Clock tempo with my Keyboard controller. Not all controllers can do this.
I do wonder why Arturias Keylab controllers can't set the Clock tempo.
Perhaps there are Clock control hardware boxes and software applications out there, that can control the Clock somehow.

Analog Lab does'nt have a internal Clock controller. And in Analog Lab alone you at least in most cases also does'nt have access to different kind of speed/ rate and resolution parameters that have been used in different kind of sequences.
Sequences can also be none tempo synced and can be created in different ways.
So the only way to get full control over Analog Labs sequence presets is to have the full individual applications, no matter you can set the Clock or not, and no matter you use Analog Lab in a DAW/ Host or not, no matter you use tempo synced sequences or not, and no matter how the sequence have been created or in which application it have been created.

If you have the individual applications, then you can create sequences that are not using any tempo sync to set a desired pre programmed static tempo. @TonyFlyingSquirrel - Is this what you mean?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 09:03:08 pm »
It's a shame there is no option directly from analog lab to set the tempo, especially seeing as the controllers don't have the facility either.
I appreciate the replies. Thanks.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 02:41:18 am »
If you have the individual applications, then you can create sequences that are not using any tempo sync to set a desired pre programmed static tempo. @TonyFlyingSquirrel - Is this what you mean?

Yes, it is what I mean, using the DAW at project tempo to set the tempo that it always plays back at the same performance tempo.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines