April 26, 2024, 12:49:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI feedback loop? (Logic Pro X)  (Read 5262 times)

gostevego

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MIDI feedback loop? (Logic Pro X)
« on: January 27, 2019, 03:26:10 am »
This is a new problem for me and I can't for the life of me figure out what could have caused the change.
Today I setup an arpeggiator in logic for the matrix brute using the logic arpeggiator plugin on my matrixbrute instrument track. As I played a chord using a seperate midi controller it worked fine and the notes played out of the matrixbrute in sequence as expected. The moment I tried to play a chord using the matrixbrute itself I got stuck notes/midi feedback loop glitchyness. This only happens when I try to play notes on the matrixbrute keys. Turning knobs like the master cutoff doesn't seem to cause a midi freakout. Just playing the keys. Connected via USB. LOCAL Mode is set to OFF. What am I missing here?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 03:28:23 am by gostevego »

standingwave

Re: MIDI feedback loop? (Logic Pro X)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 04:29:15 pm »
I'm not a logic user, but it definitely sounds like you have MIDI coming from more than one place for sure.

gostevego

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 05:58:50 pm »
What’s weird is it is only happening with the matrixbrute. None of my other synths seem to be effected. I have changed midi channels for both input and output to no avail. I don’t recall a time where this was ever a problem. Not sure what may have changed to cause this. I also just tried to use the matrixbrute’s built in arp and it won’t work properly unless Logic is closed.

standingwave

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 06:04:21 pm »
Silly question (sometimes it's the silliest one that solve the problem):
 You did have the internal arp shut off when using the logic arp?

gostevego

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 06:07:06 pm »
Yes the internal arp is OFF.

standingwave

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 06:10:03 pm »
I wish I could help more, but I have limited Logic knowledge.
 I'm sure someone else here will jump in and help.
 Cheers!

gostevego

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 08:05:07 pm »
Thank you for trying. Here is a video that shows what is happening in here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybqfttvc6al8rd0/MXBRUTE%20MIDI%20ISSUE.mov?dl=0

None of my other synths are connected at the moment. Just the matrixbrute and my nektar P6 midi controller.

cheesedetective

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 01:01:20 pm »
I have the same problem with ProTools and have had no joy getting answers for this problem. It's a real dumper to have such a high end machine that can only be played via another keyboard! It must be a bug cause I've never had this problem with any other synth / keyboard.

gostevego

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 03:58:46 pm »
Sadly I think you are right. I have spent the past three days changing every setting and elimintating every variable I could think of that might be relevant to this problem but there has been no change. Only the matrixbrute has this issue so it's gotta be a bug... And from the lack of updates for this synth I'm guessing it's a bug we'll have to live with (along with the other known bugs). Very disappointing. I have read users reporting the synth getting corrupted with a particular version of the midi control center and now I'm wondering if maybe one of those updates caused this problem for me because I can't recall this being an issue for the past year or so I've owned it. Who knows.

standingwave

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 09:30:33 pm »
I have it working in protools.
 Turn off local control in MCC.
 Create a new MIDI track patch Midi in from Matrixbrute and midi output to matrixbrute
 Create an Audio track patch input from matrixbrute and output to mains.
. Should work.

standingwave

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 09:32:04 pm »
Alternatively, just keep local control on and mute the MIDI track while recording and playing the brute
 Works for me everytime.

I cant say what to do in logic with any certainty, sorry.

gostevego

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 06:22:47 am »
So I thought the midi loop problem was only when I tried to physically play the synth in logic but I am now getting stuck notes all the time just from playing back a sequence in logic through the matrixbrute. This is definitely not something that happened in the past so I don't know what is going on. I reinstalled the firmware but that didn't fix things. If I can't even play back midi sequences through the matrixbrute without it freaking out it's mostly unusable to me. Is there no way to do a factory settings wipe/reset on this synth? It's starting to feel like something is corrupted here.

standingwave

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 11:01:31 am »
If you're positive the brute is only getting midi from one source and no mirroring is occurring,  something may be wrong.
 Open a support ticket, Arturia may be able to help you out better. I guess we don't have a lot of logic user on this forum.
 You could try gearslutz.com as well.

gostevego

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 03:56:12 pm »
Thanks I sent in a support request last night. Strange finding. I sent the matrixbrute a Local control ON cc message from Logic before giving it a go this morning and it seemed to  stop the issue of getting stuck notes on the matrixbrute track if I started playing a virtual instrument on another track. Before I did that playing a piano VI on it's own track was causing the completely separate matrixbrute track to behave as if there is a midi data loop. Makes zero sense. I still can't play the matrixbrute through Logic's arp whether local control is on or off.

endreola

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 10:58:34 am »
I have it working in protools.
 Turn off local control in MCC.
 Create a new MIDI track patch Midi in from Matrixbrute and midi output to matrixbrute
 Create an Audio track patch input from matrixbrute and output to mains.
. Should work.

Not to defer away from the original issue but am curious if you're using a 3rd party Arp plugin with PT?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines