April 18, 2024, 06:09:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep stop button Cc Modal Skulpt  (Read 6550 times)

Johnnyaardvark

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keystep stop button Cc Modal Skulpt
« on: January 26, 2019, 03:05:00 pm »
Hi all

Anyone using your keystep with a modal skulpt or having a similar issue to mine below?

When using the Arturias arp or sequencer pressing stop button on the keystep sends a Cc message to the skulpt that sets the Amp EG to minus 100%. In fact pressing it down makes the AEG +100 releasing sets it to -100%. Ok can get the sound back by reloading the sound or I think by readjusting the AEG as I believe this is the only thing changing. But it's a bit of a pain if I'm in the midst of a jam.

Is this a modal issue or an arturia one? Surely transport buttons are standardised Cc messages? I've disabled receiving transport messages on the skulpt as I didn't want the skulpt's sequencer to start each time I start the keysteps.

any ideas?

thanks

Steve

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Keystep stop button Cc Modal Skulpt
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 03:39:12 pm »
Use the MMC (MIDI Control Center) to change the KeyStep's configuration.

In the Device Settings tab (far right), look for the Transport settings section.

Change the "Transport Mode" to MMC.

The "issue" you're experiencing might be related with the Transport buttons sending both MMC and MIDI CC cmds, which by an unlucky coincidence, STOP is sending (by default) MIDI CC 51 which might be the one used by Skulpt to change its AEG parameter.

So, simply change the KeyStep to not send MIDI CC's from its transport buttons :)

Edit: yup, confirmed, Skulpt's "AEG Amount" is using MIDI CC 51 as described in its MIDI Implementation chart (Page 32): http://www.modalelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/skulptsynth_manual_v1.pdf
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:41:34 pm by Koshdukai »

Johnnyaardvark

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Keystep stop button Cc Modal Skulpt
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 03:58:41 am »
Thank you. That was the problem I was having so this is now resolved. very much appreciated.

S

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines