March 29, 2024, 11:32:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Glitchy noises when moving faders in DAW mode  (Read 8052 times)

diordna

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Glitchy noises when moving faders in DAW mode
« on: January 24, 2019, 02:19:26 am »
Hello.

I recently got the Keylab MKII 61. Really nice so far. I have encountered a problem that I would appreciate assistance with please. The faders in DAW mode sometimes will generate a high pitched noise that sounds kind of like a really fast hard sync or even a geiger counter click. This happens when using my DAW (Ableton Suite 10.0.5) or when using the Keylab with Arturia VST software in stand-alone mode. When it happens in my DAW the issue isn't exclusive to Arturia instruments. My Keylab firmware is 1.0.10 and this is running on a Windows 7 OS. I can share an audio sample of the sound if you wish.

Solaires

Re: Glitchy noises when moving faders in DAW mode
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 12:08:42 am »
This also happens to me, same Ableton version, but on Windows 10. Super strange

markpray

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 10:16:30 pm »
I had the same issue but was able to eliminate the sound by making sure the inputs are not using "all ins" and instead selecting a specific input device. In this case I think it should be "KeyLab mkII 61".

diordna

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 06:47:51 am »
Solved:
Ha. Yes, Markpray. I was just jumping on to say it has been fixed. We had the same issue apparently.

For anyone else that may be experiencing this, in Ableton under Preferences/Link MIDI the Keylab shows up in a couple places. #1 Under Control Surface (where it should be) but also under the midiports right below it. Turned off tracking on those other instances and problem fixed. YAY.

diordna

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 04:42:18 pm »
Addendum:
Everything was working with the exception of being able to select the MKII in the "Midi From" port in Ableton. After a bit of fiddling with the midi setting I finally got it to work. I'm guessing my situation is kind of a fluke as I haven't seen a lot about this in the forums or online but if anyone else has similar issues, maybe my setup can work for you. (pic attached)

mscman

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 09:48:24 pm »
Thank you! Just upgraded from the Essential 61 to the MkII and couldn't figure out why my piano track in my live set was acting up when I touched the volume fader. It made an awesome sound like scratching a coin across a piano string, but it was NOT what I needed during practice. So glad to have found the cause here.

backbackpump

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 06:42:48 pm »
hello - I've got the same issue. Is there supposed to be two listings for the keylad under midi ports, or is this a glitch?

attached an image of mine

LBH

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 12:02:47 am »
hello - I've got the same issue. Is there supposed to be two listings for the keylad under midi ports, or is this a glitch?

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Have you looked at the solution posts in this thread - including the posted images?

seec1111

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 08:06:30 pm »

The first one is Keylab MIDI signal, and the second one is Keylab Daw Signal.
I think the glitchy noise is generated by Ableton routing the daw signal as midi signal to the track.
I tried to turn off the "track" button of the second one and solved. :D

(If turn off the "track" button on both signal, there is no sound even I play the keyboard, I think the reason might be there is no midi signal from keylab can go into the "track" even the keyboard. So I keep the first one on)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 08:10:20 pm by seec1111 »

tosbenson

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2021, 08:22:08 pm »
I have the same problem with my brand new Keylab 49 MK2 which i just purchased. However i use Logic Pro X. Does anyone know how to fix this in Logic. Thanks

Sandmath

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2021, 11:21:47 pm »
Hi guys, same kind of problem here...

I have the mkII up to date, working in DAW mode with logic pro 10.6.2. I can't assign any fader to automation quick access, bu I can assign a knob without any issues... Very weird !

I tried reinstalling Logic, same with the MkII, looking in the preferences, deleting the old files in the user library... It seems that a conflict between midi signals is occuring but I can't figure how to solve this...

Thanks for your help !

soundlake

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2021, 10:43:43 pm »
Hello, is there any Reason user here?

I could fix Ableton Live, but in Reason, I'm lost. Any idea?

Wacho76

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2022, 06:40:57 pm »
Hello how are you?

Did you solve the problem, I have the same problem

is_ryan

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2022, 01:14:43 am »
I had the same issues in Ableton Live 11. Removing the Port 2 Track setting fixed the problem for me.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines