April 27, 2024, 03:52:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New owner issue. Some keys are DOA.  (Read 1792 times)

tontheroad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
New owner issue. Some keys are DOA.
« on: January 23, 2019, 11:29:59 pm »
New owner here. I took a big step and leap of faith and bought a MatrixBrute. I got an awesome price on a new one. I just got it setup. No easy task with this beast. Unfortunately, it has to go back because the 7 keys from C to G on the 4th octave are unresponsive. It works fine via MIDI, but those keys are DOA. What a freakin’ massive bummer!

The retailer has offered a no hassle return. But, there is still the hassle of repacking it and lugging to the shipper all the while I have to wait two weeks to get another MatrixBrute. I’m sure there’s just a loose cable in there. Can this be an easy fix so I don’t have to send it back?

tontheroad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: New owner issue. Some keys are DOA.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 12:25:34 am »
I logged a support ticket #551038.

endreola

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 06:07:27 am »

Hello tontheroad,

Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on being a new MB owner!  It's very unfortunate that you've experienced that issue but the good news is it's getting resolved.

There's a lot of great info and tidbits to be found here and the gang is super helpful in case you run into bizzare situations.

tontheroad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 02:16:06 pm »

Hello tontheroad,

Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on being a new MB owner!  It's very unfortunate that you've experienced that issue but the good news is it's getting resolved.

There's a lot of great info and tidbits to be found here and the gang is super helpful in case you run into bizzare situations.

Thanks for the welcome. I’m shipping the MB back today. I think I’ll miss already lol.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 07:53:33 pm »
You're probably right that it's just a lose cable or something, but on a machine as complex as the matrix brute, it's really not worth the risk of opening it unless you bought an old one out of warranty.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

tontheroad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 05:07:53 pm »
Odd and weird stuff... I couldn’t ship on Friday due a computer issue and as such couldn’t get the return shipping label printed. So, I kept the MB over the weekend and kept playing and enjoying it even though 1/2 of the 4th octave didn’t work. Today, I’ve been playing it the same way for about an hour or so and all the sudden those dead keys started working. I know they didn’t work when I first powered up because tried them. Somehow they’ve come to life now. I wouldn’t have known if I hadn’t tried again.

I’m still going to return it for an exchange. I don’t want to have those keys suddenly die later. Something is fishy inside.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines