April 23, 2024, 08:47:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Key scale?  (Read 1055 times)

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
Key scale?
« on: January 22, 2019, 04:21:02 pm »
How are you for example key scaling the filter cutoff. I am using the kbd/seq assigned to cutoff but the behaviour seems a bit strange in that it seems to scale both the low keys AND the high ones? i just want a linear amount to affect the whole keyboard low to high for example.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Key scale?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 05:43:42 pm »
You are doing it right. However, and unlike some other synths, the scaling starts from the very bottom note, not centered around e.g. middle C. Thus you need to adjust the cutoff as well, adjusting it and the scaling assignment until you get to the required response.

I guess the reason for the scaling-from-the-bottom is that the mod matrix is entirely general, and that's how it works for all parameters.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 06:05:33 pm by DrJustice »

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
Re: Key scale?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 07:35:23 pm »
Must have been the patch I was working on (I hope). Didn't seem like it was from the bottom. It 'seemed' like it was from the middle and lower values either side. Thanks though for confirming how it should work Dr. Justice.

I would like a little more control of key scaling stuff, like a curve + or -  etc but maybe I can cobble something together
with my other cv stuff.
Ever used FM8? you can "virtually" scale every note with a different value. Not expecting that on an analogue obviously.

A synth with scaling from the middle? That would not be at all useful to me!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines