April 18, 2024, 06:49:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP bent? Two of 'em?  (Read 1075 times)

sakodak@gmail.com

BSP bent? Two of 'em?
« on: January 19, 2019, 06:14:08 pm »
I just got my second BSP (I think) after having the first one for one day and sending it back for a new one.

I got the first one shipped to me earlier this year (ordered on Christmas).  It was slightly bent out of the box.  Not much, but enough to wobble a little on a flat surface, and if you looked down it lengthwise you could see a slight bow.

So I shipped that back to the (reputable) vendor.  I just got the replacement today and, ugh, out of the box it's slightly bent.  I'm pretty sure it's a brand new unit, so now I'm wondering if this is just expected.

Did anyone else receive a bent unit?  Could someone look down the length of theirs and tell me if it looks bowed?

droplet

Re: BSP bent? Two of 'em?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 03:45:51 pm »
Had a new one delivered last week and mine too is a little physically 'warped' in the way you describe.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is a common manufacturing side effect on some runs. That placement wobble cheesed me off moments after getting it out of the box. The feet also seemed to have seen some prior scuffing of use, this left me a little suspicious. A return maybe? Altogether, it shouldn't happen, I know.

However, despite the initial disappointment with this... and it's very early days with mine... I've elected to keep it until I get to know it better as a whole and check for full functionality in all other respects. So far so good. An otherwise electronically 'robust' individual device is worth keeping even with a slight physical taint of this nature... what if I got a perfectly 'straight' replacement sent but with other more essential operational issues?  That's my thinking at the moment.

The bend isn't noticeable from normal viewing angles and so doesn't detract from an otherwise neat cosmetic appearance, while the wobble can be easily remedied with an additional bit of adhesive padding under one of the corner feet. I hope such warping (slight in my case) isn't putting any additional strain on the internal PCB, so that's my main concern.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines