April 19, 2024, 12:43:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Transposing more than 2 voices  (Read 1471 times)

OmriCohen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Transposing more than 2 voices
« on: January 18, 2019, 01:10:25 pm »
Hi!
I've been wondering if there is a way to send transposition trigger or signal of some kind for transposing outside of the BeatStep Pro. What I mean is, let's say that I have the 2 sequences programmed and sent to 2 different synths\modules. Transposing those 2 sequences is not a problem. But what if I have another voice, a bass maybe, and I want it to transpose together with the 2 sequences. It can be by sending a trigger I can then send to a switch or another sequencer, or a signal MIDI\CV. Is there a way to achieve something like this? Thanks!

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Transposing more than 2 voices
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 03:28:16 am »
When you are transposing the 2 SEQ's, you are actually transposing your instruments but the sequences themselves.  To transpose an instrument (change it's master tuning) you could do it by setting up a control map to send a MIDI CC or NRPN message to your synth to tell it to change it's tuning it, if at all it can be done.  A lot of synths don't have a MIDI CC assigned to that parameter, but do have an NRPN number assigned to it, if at all they respond to NRPNs.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

OmriCohen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 08:55:41 pm »
Thanks, megamarkd!
I do understand that the transpose function is only transposing the sequences, but I would like to transpose another instrument, so trigger a transposition event, while transposing the sequences on the beatstep. I think that the easiest thing would be to transpose everything "outside" the beatstep, and not use the transpose function...

FlavioB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 06:22:14 pm »
Hi!
I've been wondering if there is a way to send transposition trigger or signal of some kind for transposing outside of the BeatStep Pro. What I mean is, let's say that I have the 2 sequences programmed and sent to 2 different synths\modules. Transposing those 2 sequences is not a problem. But what if I have another voice, a bass maybe, and I want it to transpose together with the 2 sequences. It can be by sending a trigger I can then send to a switch or another sequencer, or a signal MIDI\CV. Is there a way to achieve something like this? Thanks!
Hi there.
Let me try to re-phrase, so that I understand what you're aiming for.

You are transposing the sequences on your BSP (probably with "transpose link" enabled) and you'd like at the same time to have BSP transpose another synth.
Questions:
how do you transpose the 2 BSP sequences? Do you use a MIDI note input to transpose to, or do you transpose manually on the BSP?
the other synth you would like to transpose, is it being played by another sequencer?

Let me know... I might have an idea (not sure if it'll work though)...

BR,
Flavio.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines