March 28, 2024, 10:01:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CV Pitch drift  (Read 1509 times)

befa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CV Pitch drift
« on: January 18, 2019, 11:39:11 am »
Hello,

I have a problem connecting my Beatstep Pro to my Roland SH09.
I used to have the regular Beatstep to trigger sequences on the Roland via CV and Gate and it worked fine. I then wanted to upgrade to the Beatstep Pro.
With the Beatstep Pro though, there is a sort of pitch drift happening. When playing the keyboard on the lit pads of the Beatstep, the one to the far left, which should be a C is actually a Bb/A ( in between ) and the one to the far right, which should be a higher C is actually a A/Ab.
This happens with both sequencers, with either the knobs or the pads, and when sequences are played.

I have tried changing the 0V midi note, but it doesn't solve the pitch drift.

Please help me, I'm supposed to go on tour at the end of the month.

Thank you very much!

befa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CV Pitch drift
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 12:01:55 pm »
Ok so it seems I need to calibrate the CV.
I found a Google doc explaining how, but I need a password to enter the diagnosis in the MCC.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1e9zXr5JIlQ29DdklnaXNJdGM/view

Is there any way to do that? I got a multimeter and everything

StillNotWorking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 03:25:33 pm »
I'll be interested to know as well.

Probably not something Arturia like to have public as it defeat the purpose using password. But do anyone know if they respond to this question through the support team?

befa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 07:44:46 pm »
Yeah it would be great to know if I have a chance of fixing  the BSP or if I should consider it broken.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 08:25:38 am »
I remember a thread in which the diagnosis mode of MCC was brought up and it was mentioned that it is for Arturia tech staff to use.

You don't need to pull apart your BSP to test the output voltage of the Pitch CV, you just use your probes directly on the TS cable you have plugged into the socket.  If you create a sequence of all c5 notes tied and then hit play, the cable should give a reading of 5v if using 1v/oct mode, in theory.

But that said, I'd create a support ticket regarding your issue with the Arturia support team via the support page on the main web site.  Best to get proper advice on what to do in this situation.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

befa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 11:54:29 am »
Thanks for your message.

Yeah I contacted the support team in order to know what they think and how to proceed, but so far no answer.

iologic

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 06:07:45 pm »
Thanks for your message.

Yeah I contacted the support team in order to know what they think and how to proceed, but so far no answer.

Hi Befa
Did you get any answers from Arturia about this issue please ? Did you manage to make it work properly again ?
I have the same problem with my BSP controlling my SH101
Cheers !

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines